Power bank adapters

nellyp

Hi all,

I bought a tablet for my boy (another one) off Lazada. It is only cheap as he is only 5, but we are happy with the specs and performance apart from the battery. I didn't think this would be a problem as the deal meant a free power bank with the tablet (happy days).

Unfortunately, the tablet charges through a 3.5mm connector to the mains, and only has a mini usb (I can't get it to charge through that, though I have a lead for mini usb to usb supplied with the tablet), and a mini hdmi (I believe that is right as it is larger than the connectors used for phones) as the other ports.

The power bank is 13,800 mAh (I believe the tablet is 7,000) and has a usb to micro HDMI connection supplied (2 amp from the bank).

Can I buy an adaptor for this? I would like to buy one that fits into the 3.5mm socket, as I assume that is what the tablet will want, but is it possible to charge it through the mini HDMI? An old tablet my other son had could charge through several of the ports in the side.

The tablet is an AISIS One Tab 10 inch. The book I have with the tablet is not much use to me as it is in Spanish, as is the site I found on the net.

I would be grateful for advise as I don't want to mess up the battery or connections

Cheers

Take the tablet and power bank to your local computer emporium. Should be possible to mix and match leads to make things work.

What voltage is the tablet's mains adaptor output?

The output is 5v on the mains adaptor, the same as the power bank. I actually bought a muti adapter kit (cheap to experiment with), and though it has a plug the same size, it would not go it the hole. I think it could be to do with the hole in the center of the plug

As Crossy suggested, take everything to a local computer emporium and show them.

A high-capacity battery bank I purchased a few years ago used a Micro-USB port for charging it, and two standard USB ports for use with ~1Amp and ~2Amp devices. Came with a universal adapter kit to adapt various USB to various Barrel Connectors, turn it one way to charge the power bank itself, turn it around to use it to allow a non-usb 5v device to use the power bank.

I think you're a bit confused on the connector names.

Barrel Adapter

Usually used in power and charging applications. The outer diameter and inner diameter sized used are determined by the manufacturer (and can change product to product). There are no standards here, and even if a different plug does 'fit' care must be taken to verify power type (AC/DC), Voltage, Amperage and expected polarity match.

QmNtR.jpgBMsvB.jpg

USB

This plug type provided power, charging and data, designed under an industry standard. 5V DC 500mA~800mA with some types allowing 5V-2A for charging.

Introduction-to-USB-Type-C-1-1437630641.

HDMI

This is an Audio/VIDEO cable standard.

While some devices have HDMI/MHL or USB->MHL/HDMI adapters, these are used to send video output to a larger display.

HTB1aS6sIFXXXXawXpXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg

As Crossy suggested, take everything to a local computer emporium and show them.

A high-capacity battery bank I purchased a few years ago used a Micro-USB port for charging it, and two standard USB ports for use with ~1Amp and ~2Amp devices. Came with a universal adapter kit to adapt various USB to various Barrel Connectors, turn it one way to charge the power bank itself, turn it around to use it to allow a non-usb 5v device to use the power bank.

I think you're a bit confused on the connector names.

Barrel Adapter

Usually used in power and charging applications. The outer diameter and inner diameter sized used are determined by the manufacturer (and can change product to product). There are no standards here, and even if a different plug does 'fit' care must be taken to verify power type (AC/DC), Voltage, Amperage and expected polarity match.

QmNtR.jpgBMsvB.jpg

USB

This plug type provided power, charging and data, designed under an industry standard. 5V DC 500mA~800mA with some types allowing 5V-2A for charging.

Introduction-to-USB-Type-C-1-1437630641.

HDMI

This is an Audio/VIDEO cable standard.

While some devices have HDMI/MHL or USB->MHL/HDMI adapters, these are used to send video output to a larger display.

HTB1aS6sIFXXXXawXpXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg

The "barrel" type is what the wall charger is (and I need to connect to the power bank), there is a mini HDMI that I have no idea what to with (it won't charge through this...I have tried it), and the final port is a mini USB which I have used to show vids for the kids off my external hard drive. These are definitely the names for the connectors (thank you for the "barrel info). I am confused why the internal bore is different, as i assumed that they were standard to go with the external diameter. I will need to take the tablet to a local shop as an emporium is many many miles away. Thanks all, I am happy that I should be able to find either a lead with the connectors on or some adapters to do the job

Thanks all