What Has Happened to Laguna?

FBlue72

Banners everywhere advertising condos, I mean like every 10 meters at the entry, dozens and dozens, and some huge bill boards. <deleted>? And putting up some 200 meters of huge ugly aluminum fence that blocks the view of the lagoon and ocean with an intrusive "show model " place with tacky lighted balls, it's like every other over-developed development now.

We looked into opening a zip line business a few years back on that land near the lagoon in front of the Dusit and were told by the ( former) managing director, no way can it be used privately, it is considered beach as the lagoon is tidal, yet an enormous condo development is going up in that very spot. We would have kept all the trees- now they are in a land fill.

I understand the former MD left last year, the new one should go too. The entire concept of lagoons and parkland is destroyed. I'd be PO'd if I had invested in property there.

Yeah Laguna Park is the new housing place, soon to be a vacation slum from the looks of it. It's off on land that was just jungle before, but to have banners and bill boards everywhere, OK we know already, new town houses for sale. But it's the Casurina condo I find so troubling, for one they cut down hundreds of old casurina trees. And two, the house friend rented now has a view of that horrible fence and not the lagoon and trees with the beach beyond as before.

Edited by FBlue72

Yeah Laguna Park is the new housing place, soon to be a vacation slum from the looks of it. It's off on land that was just jungle before, but to have banners and bill boards everywhere, OK we know already, new town houses for sale. But it's the Casurina condo I find so troubling, for one they cut down hundreds of old casurina trees. And two, the house friend rented now has a view of that horrible fence and not the lagoon and trees with the beach beyond as before.

Its sadsad.png I got introduced to Laguna as far back as in 93` and dreamed long about living out there, not so anymore.

Its sadsad.png I got introduced to Laguna as far back as in 93` and dreamed long about living out there, not so anymore.

Where would you dream to live these days?

Where would you dream to live these days?

No dreams, just hold on as long as possible to a few spots around Phuket Town which actually are more unaffected by all the construction than what is now happening North West on the island.smile.png