Upholstery cleaner for fabric seats

bino

Our VIOS has "acquired" a massive stain all over the passenger seat. It looks a lot like spilled coffee. Considering the fact that the car has cup holders, I really don't know how it could get there.

Ms Bino feigns ignorance, but I know damned well that I didn't spill anything in the car, and she is the one who drives it to work and back every day. I digress, as it is often wise to do with these women, and resign myself to cleaning it up.

At home you can get really great upholstery cleaner that sprays on like foam, and actually "lifts" the stain and dirt out of the fabric. Anything like this available here? Anyone know a brand name to look for, or where to get it? Or - have any other creative ideas / suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Meguires 'All Purpose Cleaner' should do the trick, it is definitely good stuff. Alternatively there are a lot of foam type cleaners about. Try Makro or Tesco/Lotus.

If you get Meguires APC read the instructions ... also Mrs Bino can use it in various dilutions for just about cleaning everything in the home ... it's truly amazing stuff.

Why not just run it into a car valeters/detailer and get them to do both front seats with the proper machine for the job?

30 mins a few baht and 2 seats looking like new.

That is exactly what I ended up doing.

I tried the can of spray stuff from Big C and it didn't work worth a damn, so I took the car to the detailer and had them do the whole interior, headliner, et al.

Car looks great now. After seeing how much trouble I went to and nice the car looks now, the Ms. fessed up to spilling the coffee and promised to use the cup holders from now on.