Two thumbs up to Udon Thani Immigration

Just want to give a quick shout out to all the staff there for being courteous and professional.

I went today to extend my TR visa for 30 days longer, and although it was getting into their lunch time, they stuck around when I filled in the wrong form, and did the whole thing again on the computer for me on their own time. All the staff were smiling so presumably they hadn't met any a-h-oles today. Obviously they got a decent tip. Good work done.

• Like 2

It isn't the only good office. I have been using Khon Kaen since it first opened and never had any trouble.

But before that it was Nong Khai....'nuff said.

I completed my 90 day report at Nong Khai today, under 2 minutes, done and dusted. Reminded me to come and do my extension of stay (retirement) next month, all 4 desks staffed, everyone happy and smiling.

Pity it would be the only place that gives good service.

It is not the only place with good service!

My office ( Korat) has always been great.

I have even had an officer call me at home on her day off about a problem, then go to the office and wait for me to send her a fax there so she could fix the problem for me.

Waiting until Monday would not have worked.

That is only one example of good experiences I have had at my immigration office.

My office has always been very helpful and very nice to me.

Here on TV we only hear from those with problems.

it is nice to hear from someone who is also pleased with the service their immigration officers provide.

• Like 1

I have been dealing with Udon Thani immigration since 2009. They have always been helpful and courteous.

I only have one complaint.

I wish they had remained at the airport. Ample parking and no traffic getting in and out. It was a dream for me, coming from Nong Bua Lamphu province.

So you tipped them for doing their job.Some of you blokes just can't help yourself.Do you tip at airports for immi officers letting you in and out of the country,yours and here.

No, it is not necessary.

However, when I did my extension, last year, we did give them a bag of longans, provided by the guy who came to the office as our witness, because they had been helpful. Nw we have left Thailand for a few years in Melbourne, I hope the same helpful approach is still there when we return.

Having done extensions previously in Bangkok, at both venues, Udon and it seems some of the other provincial centres, are much better to deal with, both fo extensions and 90 day reporting.

Just the same, treat them well and in most cases the attitude is returned. It's not all about money.

What's wrong with saying thanks in the way of a bit of pin money politeness goes a long way but coupled with a couple of hundred Bht it goes a whole lot further. Before the flack starts from the scrooge lovers if you can't afford to give in old money £4 or start saying do you tip your local shop keeper YES I DO

• Like 2

What's wrong with saying thanks in the way of a bit of pin money politeness goes a long way but coupled with a couple of hundred Bht it goes a whole lot further. Before the flack starts from the scrooge lovers if you can't afford to give in old money £4 or start saying do you tip your local shop keeper YES I DO

Ever tried "tipping" a policeman/woman in your own country ?

• Like 2

Not where I served there not still going strong. Cash sure I got given cash and declared it to my sergeant who in turn informed who ever he needed to but I will also add any cash I was given whilst serving in the form of gifts or thanks went straight to a charity. But I know what your trying to say bribery imigration officers are not police so your innuendo has no thrust to it.

Not where I served there not still going strong. Cash sure I got given cash and declared it to my sergeant who in turn informed who ever he needed to but I will also add any cash I was given whilst serving in the form of gifts or thanks went straight to a charity. But I know what your trying to say bribery imigration officers are not police so your innuendo has no thrust to it.

In Thailand Immigration is a branch of the police force.

All Thai Immigration Officers are policemen/women !

IF that is the case and I bow to your take on that. We live in Thailand corruption bribery is the norm. How ever for me to give a gift of 200Bht for no favours but because the person has dealt with me in what I deem to be fantastic customer service is as I said at the start good public relations

"Obviously they got a decent tip."

Why?

Because they were doing it in their own time, and went above and beyond to help me not have an issue or have to wait and get in the queue again.

If it were the previous "It's 1900 baht but we smile and keep the 2000 baht" thing then I wouldn't be waxing praises about the experience, but it was all straight down the line which can be refreshing sometimes.

• Like 2

IF that is the case and I bow to your take on that. We live in Thailand corruption bribery is the norm. How ever for me to give a gift of 200Bht for no favours but because the person has dealt with me in what I deem to be fantastic customer service is as I said at the start good public relations

Do you tip the post office clerk and the 7-11 shop assistant for "fantastic" service?

• Like 1

It isn't the only good office. I have been using Khon Kaen since it first opened and never had any trouble.

But before that it was Nong Khai....'nuff said.

I completed my 90 day report at Nong Khai today, under 2 minutes, done and dusted. Reminded me to come and do my extension of stay (retirement) next month, all 4 desks staffed, everyone happy and smiling.

Apparently if you turn up sweaty and filthy with shorts on and then point your feet at the picture of the king they'll smile and keep you there all day laugh.png

Nong Khai immigration responds well to a little bit of deference.

Now retired. Water of a ducks back my friend quack quack. But I'm sure you can find someone to play your little games obviously a bored man

OK !

Now I and everybody else understands that you only tip the police.

I am not bored but was seeking clarification about the need to tip the Immigration Police.

• Like 1