Top postings merit based, says Prayut

webfact

"They haven't been selected to protect me. It is better to protect the country's interests," said the prime minister."

I wonder if "the country's interests" and "protect me" are identical in his mind.....? He is the savior, isn't he?

Perhaps mistranslated "merit" with "making merit"? Which in this case would be brown envelopes left at shrine in reception?

Would be interesting if some industrious TV member could dig up CV of his cabinet and see how well they match duties of ministers... dear leader says based on merit, so can we see what sort of merit this latest batch has?

You PM bashers are forgetting, it does happen in Thailand this position filling by the PM is not such a joke,

NON ELECTED Yingluck Placed in position by he brother.

PM Yingluck..... APPOINTED as Defense Minister ??? who appointed her ??? herself.

This is an example ----BUT this was outrageous. So all you bashers really have to look at the real history. PTP cabinet ??? think about it guys, The minister responsible admitted after the floods he should have released water from the dams earlier, to stop the majority of water and flooding.

Most of you bashers have short memories, and much of this is nit picking.

What are you on about?

Political parties choose their own leaders like Barack Obama, David Cameron etc. etc.

The public then vote in the party, which the Thai voters did; both with Thaksin and Yingluck.

Whether you like, or, don't like that result is irrelevant.

Yingluck was appointed by her brother to run the country for him---GET IT.

My post was about qualification for the job.

Nice try to divert the point---you naturally wanted to avoid.

So what is your contribution apart from giving a small moral boost to your minority of TVF members that are continually bashing the PM.

Did you agree with any of my points---example last defense Minister cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif The last water management Minister floodscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif The last education Minister tabletscheesy.gifcheesy.gif You would not like to comment so I would suggest you have an agenda to stick to.

POINT being LEARN from the previous LOT.........................we will be able to do that after the PM steps down this time.......following ??? thats what I'm on about.

Ginjag, whilst i agree that the 'experience' of the previous Government ministers is very questionable, this Government is supposed to be about reform and i would guess change from previous Governments how in Gods earth has a military General got the pre-requisite experience to be the education minister?

"They haven't been selected to protect me. It is better to protect the country's interests," said the prime minister."

I wonder if "the country's interests" and "protect me" are identical in his mind.....? He is the savior, isn't he?

Perhaps mistranslated "merit" with "making merit"? Which in this case would be brown envelopes left at shrine in reception?

Would be interesting if some industrious TV member could dig up CV of his cabinet and see how well they match duties of ministers... dear leader says based on merit, so can we see what sort of merit this latest batch has?

You PM bashers are forgetting, it does happen in Thailand this position filling by the PM is not such a joke,

PM Yingluck..... APPOINTED as Defense Minister ??? who appointed her ??? herself.

This is an example ----BUT this was outrageous. So all you bashers really have to look at the real history. PTP cabinet ??? think about it guys, The minister responsible admitted after the floods he should have released water from the dams earlier, to stop the majority of water and flooding.

What are you on about?

Political parties choose their own leaders like Barack Obama, David Cameron etc. etc.

The public then vote in the party, which the Thai voters did; both with Thaksin and Yingluck.

Aye, maybe so, but the electorate weren't appointed to vote for her, were they?

Didn't his brother just get a big promotion?

Many red-shirts here were spotting keyboards with spittle as they posted in their rage and hate that Prayuth would make certain that his brother got made chief of the Army.

Then he didn't.

Instead of feeling a bit stupid and eating a bit of humble like any self-respecting hypocrite would, they ignore it completely and move on with the same enthusiasm (and no doubt similar wet spots) for whatever else gets put in front of them.

Hence many of us don't bother taking much notice of any of them other than as a source of amusement at what people in our own countries were probably like hundreds of years ago.

Many red-shirts here were spotting keyboards with spittle as they posted in their rage and hate that Prayuth would make certain that his brother got made chief of the Army.

Then he didn't.

Instead of feeling a bit stupid and eating a bit of humble like any self-respecting hypocrite would, they ignore it completely and move on with the same enthusiasm (and no doubt similar wet spots) for whatever else gets put in front of them.

Hence many of us don't bother taking much notice of any of them other than as a source of amusement at what people in our own countries were probably like hundreds of years ago.

You sure as hell seem to, and you certainly don't seem amused, in fact quite the opposite. Have you checked your blood pressure recently?

Then he didn't.

Who are these many red shirts you are referring to? Put your money where your mouth is and expose them.

The electorate were not the posts point-------it was the position held and how it was given --and on from the points I made earlier.

What are you on about?

My post was about qualification for the job.

Nice try to divert the point---you naturally wanted to avoid.

So what is your contribution apart from giving a small moral boost to your minority of TVF members that are continually bashing the PM.

Did you agree with any of my points---example last defense Minister cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif The last water management Minister floodscheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif The last education Minister tabletscheesy.gifcheesy.gif You would not like to comment so I would suggest you have an agenda to stick to.

POINT being LEARN from the previous LOT.........................we will be able to do that after the PM steps down this time.......following ??? thats what I'm on about.

Ginjag, whilst i agree that the 'experience' of the previous Government ministers is very questionable, this Government is supposed to be about reform and i would guess change from previous Governments how in Gods earth has a military General got the pre-requisite experience to be the education minister?

Trying to steer round your biased post, the answer is if you do not know IF he has or not why assume he is sort of thick ??

Could well be he is filling the position with many advisers until the corrupt last lot are all but weeded out.

We in the UK especially in war times had very well educated generals etc. Here a qualified educated person with all papers could well be as thick as 2 short planks. Yingluck again was an example of this.

Early stages in the reforms we will see later. Give the government a chance even if you loathe military rule, what are you going to do about it??

Trying to steer round your biased post, the answer is if you do not know IF he has or not why assume he is sort of thick ??

Could well be he is filling the position with many advisers until the corrupt last lot are all but weeded out.

We in the UK especially in war times had very well educated generals etc. Here a qualified educated person with all papers could well be as thick as 2 short planks. Yingluck again was an example of this.

Early stages in the reforms we will see later. Give the government a chance even if you loathe military rule, what are you going to do about it??

Ginjag, i don't believe anywhere i have insinuated he is 'thick' but you would of thought there could be far better persons suited to a role of education minister. You are correct though that i have not seen is CV so, yes he may have years of experience advising on this type of matter before.

I would assume even in the UK that Generals in the World War were very much from Aristocratic families, and as the popular TV programme Blackadder illustrates, ones background and education certs does not a qualified person make.

The current Govt has had 17 months or so, and so far everything that people discuss with importance in terms of reform has been left untouched, in fact the NCPO has even commented that police reform is up to another Government not them, when realistically they are the only persons who would have the slimmest of chance of doing it. (They obviously cannot do it because institutions in glass houses should not throw stones)

The electorate were not the posts point-------it was the position held and how it was given --and on from the points I made earlier.

The electorate don,t feature anywhere in your parallel universe do they - they have probably got an AGENDA!

I sometimes think that the least sophisticated least educated most impoverished field laborer has a clearer grasp of what is going on in this country than you have. You appear to have nothing but scorn for the people you profess to live amongst.

Edited by JAG

Why do you always feel all PM "bashers" are for "Thaksin and goons®" ?

An incredible guy said once : two wrongs not make one right... I think this sentence should be written above every forum threads, just yu know, we can criticize but not say "oh yeah but do you remember what he did at the time?...."

You seems to have lost all memories as well...

Please let me know which party was elected the most and which party was EVERY TIME appointed in the last decade?

Which party in the last decade have been thrown out---or disgraced the most ?? through corrupt governing. thought you were impartial.

Most bashers seem to be reincarnated names on TVF--- most are pro PTP. and to save face are now using the Army PM. to let out their frustration. NOT ALL i agree.

ALL the worlds countries learn from previous wrongs---if you do not agree you are in denial re--the last shambles.

Hopefully we do not repeat the rice---school tablet--amnesty vote at 4am----get my drift........And as you pointed out Shins have been in power most in the last decade or so---and inevitably they will be the base to improve on.

46 posts George. nothing wrong with that. have you been around a long time ??

I have been in Thailand for more than 12 years and as I don t remember my login neither my password for this wonderful forum i created a new one...

Nothing wrong with that but you play the "old chap " card....?

So :

"Which party in the last decade have been thrown out" -> by whom please? just remember me what happened fully...

Who was "delighted by Thaksin politic ? " i help you , he is quite old and have a high influence here (go on the wikipedia page)

What the appointed government by Abhisit or so did when they were in place to end corruption? nothing...

What Suthep is ? a corrupt politician (land, palm oil, ...even his friends say he is far too corrupt) and yet he is cheered by the middle class, high-so while all the money he took in the street kind of disappeared ( probably in his deep pockets)

So we can play ping pong as I said but you also have to face the truth : each day becomes grimmer for freedom of speech and politic in general...

Give me one exemple where the army took power and made a good job in modern history?

Don't hide behond a rock : we all know what is looming and why they will not leave the office before this event happen....

But about efficiency and no corruption : army is a no no

Edited by GeorgesAbitbol