Thailand could save 8.5 trillion baht on energy in 20 years

webfact

Thailand could save 8.5 trillion baht on energy in 20 years

BANGKOK, 26 August 2015 (NNT)-The Energy Policy and Planning Office (EPPO) said Thailand could save as much as 8.5 trillion baht in energy spending in 20 years if every sector committed to saving energy.

According to EPPO Director Dr. Thawarat Sutabutr, the energy saving plan developed this year will serve as a guideline for the Ministry of Energy on how to reduce energy spending within 2036.

The Ministry of Energy is aiming to cut energy consumption index by 30% via 3 strategies. They include compulsory legal enforcement, public cooperation and government support.

Dr. Thawarat said he hoped this would lead to better control on machinery and financial support to those that seek more energy efficiency in their organization.

The increase in public transports and promoting energy conservation in schools are among many goals to be realized during the next 20 years.

The EPPO Director added that, if successful, the plan would generate higher investments as manufacturers are likely to save more on energy consumption.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-26 footer_n.gif

I've got technology from Europe, used in many cities all over EU and UAE. The technology can save between 30 and 60% on electricity for street lighting and industrial lighting. Even though the technology has got all the needed EU approvals, it can't be sold to public institutions in Thailand without a special Thai approval; one Thai company gave up trying to get the approval because of huge "unclear" expenses in the approval procedure.

I've got technology from Europe, used in many cities all over EU and UAE. The technology can save between 30 and 60% on electricity for street lighting and industrial lighting. Even though the technology has got all the needed EU approvals, it can't be sold to public institutions in Thailand without a special Thai approval; one Thai company gave up trying to get the approval because of huge "unclear" expenses in the approval procedure

Hi can you please let me know what kind of product you are talking about. I am in Energy Saving Business may be we can have a chat about it..

Tim

Years ago I read a study about energy savings if air con levels were set at comfortable level instead of walk in freezer levels. Savings were quite substantial. Sorry I no longer have the link. For some reason here the ones who set the levels seem to think if a person doesn't have to wear a jacket, it is not cold enough. Next time at a mall take a look at all the down comforters they sell at sleep shops....

Could save a lot more if they increased their solar farms

The topic is saving on energy costs, and your answer is a very expensive form of energy production. Any time energy or electricity is mentioned, someone with NFI will say "SOLAR!"

tell that to my wife

airco on all night

body covered with a european winter blanket, because she is cold

trying to explain, get rid of that blanket & close airco when you feel cold = no avail

and yes... she has a uni degree & works in international company

and yes... she is thai chinese

and yes... her father is a millionaire

:)