Chapel collapses, kills one in Nonthaburi

webfact

Chapel collapses, kills one in Nonthaburi
By Coconuts Bangkok

chapel.jpg
Photo: JS100

BANGKOK: -- A chapel in Nonthaburi collapsed onto construction workers, killing one yesterday afternoon.

As construction workers were trying to raise the chapel at Ton Chuek Temple in Nonthaburi onto a higher platform in preparation for floods, the building collapsed and killed 22-year-old Nattawut Suwanchai. The other workers managed to escape in time.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/26/chapel-collapses-kills-one-nonthaburi

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-26

The debris is clearly from the roof. I know nothing about this but it seems obvious to me that in this kind of operation, some kind of belt is needed around the entire building to prevent the walls cracking and being pushed out by the weight of the roof.

It is not.

This just happened when building dropped then roof construction opened walls to the outside.

It looks like whole building was not supported strongly and evenly under .

This procedure of lifting need really good hydraulic lifters synchronised which Thai probably did not have ...

seems rather strange to me .....why on earth did they try and rise the temple up ..... knowing Thais they problem only had a car jack .....and the I.Q of a peanut ....why not just build a new retainer wall , say 1.5 high around the temple to hold back any floods ....would have been a lot easier......but ha ho ..... tit all the way 2 types of hope for thailand ......no hope and <deleted> bob hope ......

poor guy 22 what a waste of life ...still bet he gets a good mert for that ....

seems rather strange to me .....why on earth did they try and rise the temple up ..... knowing Thais they problem only had a car jack .....and the I.Q of a peanut ....why not just build a new retainer wall , say 1.5 high around the temple to hold back any floods ....would have been a lot easier......but ha ho ..... tit all the way 2 types of hope for thailand ......no hope and <deleted> bob hope ......

poor guy 22 what a waste of life ...still bet he gets a good mert for that ....

Sorry building a wall will not help flood water.... the water comes up from the ground...

maybe they should watch on TV 'Mega Moves' to see how it can be done.