What I learned after 10,000 posts on TV

puukao

Oh, relax, it's only 1,000, but I am the "Thread Master" so I needed a catchy title.

Here is what I learned after 1,000 posts:

1. 99.9999% of everyone on here is a Guy

2. The other half are also guys

3. Only 80% get my sense-of-humor

4. We all troll, at times, but 99% of us know the proper limits of trolling.

5. It's fun to get a "like," but other times it doesn't matter (I'm guessing I have 800 or so)

6. The advice I get on here is usually 90% good, but I really shouldn't be so lazy and look into it myself

7. Everyone seems fascinated by suicide, homelessness, ladyboys, sexpats, and overall chaos. I guess I also do.

8. It's fun to complain when it's anonymous, and then in real-life not complain

9. I've spent only one year in Thailand, and never posted to this site when there

10. I would bet there are people on this site that would help you out in a pinch

11. The pictures are probably the best part of this site

12. I have only gotten about 5 PM's, some are downright strange

13. Thailand is a weird drug

14. I don't think everyone on here is miserable, just bored

15. This won't be my best thread. I'm sure the first comment will be, "I agree with 15".

IF I did the title, "Wife divorced me and I lost my passport. What to do with my last 10,000 baht." Now that would be good

or....."Ladyboy lied to me and now is blackmailing my family back home. What should I do?"

or...."I drank the moat water in Chiang Mai and woke up in a Karaoke bar all bloodied. Should I call the police?"

or, finally, "I have overstayed one year and my embassy won't let me return. What are my options?"

So, why do you guys keep coming back to post? And, yes, I have a full-time job.

Item 5 = 690 thumbsup.gif just look at your profile or hover your mouse over your username.

The forum rule is that if you don't have at least one like per post you're a loser, LOL. tongue.png

this one doesn´t get my like, but I am considering . . . so count it as one of your posts that didn´t get a like yet

with

I would have thought you learnt that you needed to get a life

Exactly. These people on here with thousands of posts sure must have boring lives. Especially all the ones with superiority complexes that demand to see links or proof to back up another's statement or opinion.

Oh, is that all there is? I would have thought such a OP deserves much better response, and I was looking forward to wading through pages and pages of B/S. And why isn't there any comment about Chang beer? Not that I drink it unless there's no alternative, or I'm too lazy to get off my bar stall and go next door. But it also surprises me that Cheers Extra is not sold in Beer bars, which means I sometimes have to visit a 7-eleven to stock up. Not that the girls there are pretty, which does make the journey tedious, to say the least.

Well I'm not going to sit around making other people's day with my words of wisdom, because I've got better things to do with my time on this planet. There, that's off my chest, I can knuckle down to some serious drinking...

3. Only 80% get my sense-of-humor

5. It's fun to get a "like," but other times it doesn't matter (I'm guessing I have 800 or so)

6. The advice I get on here is usually 90% good, but I really shouldn't be so lazy and look into it myself

7. Everyone seems fascinated by suicide, homelessness, ladyboys, sexpats, and overall chaos. I guess I also do.

8. It's fun to complain when it's anonymous, and then in real-life not complain

10. I would bet there are people on this site that would help you out in a pinch

12. I have only gotten about 5 PM's, some are downright strange

13. Thailand is a weird drug

14. I don't think everyone on here is miserable, just bored

15. This won't be my best thread. I'm sure the first comment will be, "I agree with 15".

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

One more thing for me, I have learned a lot from posters and I know there is no better place to get

information or advice about Thailand

Posts commenting/referring to Moderation have been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

If your working you must have taken the day off sick to write this large ?. Its a good bush sitter rant. I must give you a B+ for imagination. If 80% understand your sense of humor hell your a winner. Well trundle off to work and play with your pencil and work on your next post. It should be a doozy. I will watch for it in anticipation.

You only in Thailand for a year, have a full time job, read 10 000 post and posted 1000 and you are telling us that we are bored clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

In almost 4 years I have not read even 1000 posts and posted about 580 and I don't work at all and I am not bored. There are so much to do here that I just browse the site.

Item 5 = 690 thumbsup.gif just look at your profile or hover your mouse over your username.

Waaaait a minute!. Nobody ever said anything about this when I signed up. I just checked my profile: 3,140 profile views? I haven't even filled out any details. I thought there might be 5 or 6 anonymous people who were curious, but thousands?

Creeps...blink.png

Did that on the OP's and my own...even pressed on the "Likes" (curiosity was getting the better of me)...still cannot see how many "Likes" one has ?

Did that on the OP's and my own...even pressed on the "Likes" (curiosity was getting the better of me)...still cannot see how many "Likes" one has ?

On your profile page, look to the right hand side of the page, its there in a green box, in your case 1393

so its' read 10,000 posts now.

If someone says "What I learnt after 10,000 posts on TV" then says "relax its only 1000" and they have posted 1000. Then they are talking about posts they have written. Whats so confusing about that.

Edited by meltingpot2015

with

Exactly. These people on here with thousands of posts sure must have boring lives. Especially all the ones with superiority complexes that demand to see links or proof to back up another's statement or opinion.

The term "Superiority Complex" was coined by Alfred Adler, who also coined the related term "Inferiority Complex". What he actually said was:

"People with an inferiority complex often compensate for it by displaying a superiority complex". I think both he and yourself are on the same wave length here.

with

The term "Superiority Complex" was coined by Alfred Adler, who also coined the related term "Inferiority Complex". What he actually said was:

"People with an inferiority complex often compensate for it by displaying a superiority complex". I think both he and yourself are on the same wave length

I used to have an inferiority complex 'till I saw some of the posts on TV. cheesy.gif

And apparently some struggle with basic maths' concepts.

And others with hyperbolic humour.....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app