Another Tourist Scam. AirAsiaGO

Spleen

Had an Email from Air Asia saying about cheap flight ect between now and November,. Anyway on checking the fee it was in Rinngit and was more than what the airasia flight was on there site I was diverted to a site link below called Air Asia Go. After about 2 hours of searchingI found a KL phone number and called it , after a lot of taped mesages I talked to someone , I think they though I was going to book a flight, but I asked them why did they email me with "Deal" when Airasia price is cheaper than their site, and are they part of Air Asia , .The answer was No they are not and its Expedia trying to add a few quid onto Airasia flights. Thats the third time in 2 weeks ive been subject to an attempted rip off after 13 years in Asia an no real experience of such creepy tacktics. Recessions are making a lot of these commission based booking companies desperate

Look out for this lot, The email I got just said airasia with the normal logo, then it diverts you below, worried they were just after CC information

https://www.airasiago.com.my/dailydeals?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20150827_AAGO_MYEN&utm_source=AA_Thu_Blast&emlcid=CM-MP-issu003-testEN&

Congratulations! You qualify for our Daily Deals.

So let me get this right !

You spent ages trying to get through to speak to someone to tell them you can get a cheaper deal than the one they emailed you about blink.png

Are you for real ? blink.png 13 years in Asia and you haven't worked out the difference between a scam and spam ?

Most normal people simply ignore this spam and get on with their lives.

Is there nothing better you can do with yours ?

It was exactly the same as other Air Asia Email I get regularly , I fly a couple of times a month for about the last 7 or 8 years , did not go into junk either

When I went on to bookings it changed to Air Asia Go , I though it was an airasia partner like air asia X ect. Maybe you don't mind people knocking you or trying to knock you , but I dont , so i called them up and gave it to them,

So let me get this right !

You spent ages trying to get through to speak to someone to tell them you can get a cheaper deal than the one they emailed you about blink.png

Are you for real ? blink.png 13 years in Asia and you haven't worked out the difference between a scam and spam ?

Most normal people simply ignore this spam and get on with their lives.

Is there nothing better you can do with yours ?

read it again slowly , It was a fake air Asia Email when I called them they admitted they were expedia,. I have no idea if Air Asia are aware , Id say they probably are and may be in with it to extract higher fares

Edited by Spleen

They push package deals including hotel, and the prices aren't very good, and as stated the prices are in MYR. It appeared to me that they were affiliated, and I just checked their website (AA) and "GO" is listed at the bottom.

They push package deals including hotel, and the prices aren't very good, and as stated the prices are in MYR. It appeared to me that they were affiliated, and I just checked their website (AA) and "GO" is listed at the bottom.

Yes there is a little "expedia" logo at the bottom. What has riled me is , I have been a regular customer of air asia for about 8 years, littlerally hundreds of flights and they have allowed these pirates to attempt to get me to pay more than their own flight value

Yes there is a little "expedia" logo at the bottom. What has riled me is , I have been a regular customer of air asia for about 8 years, littlerally hundreds of flights and they have allowed these pirates to attempt to get me to pay more than their own flight value

Not exactly pirates, they are a joint venture between Air Asia & Expedia.

https://www.airasiago.com.my/p/corporate/about

Having said that, Expedia and Air Asia are an unholy alliance, sharpest operators in the business.

You have to get a grip on yourself, being a "regular customer" counts for nothing in today's corporate world. Ever watched the TV series Dads Army? Mr Mainwaring wouldn't get to hold a janitors broom these days.

Not exactly pirates, they are a joint venture between Air Asia & Expedia.

https://www.airasiago.com.my/p/corporate/about

Having said that, Expedia and Air Asia are an unholy alliance, sharpest operators in the business.

You have to get a grip on yourself, being a "regular customer" counts for nothing in today's corporate world. Ever watched the TV series Dads Army? Mr Mainwaring wouldn't get to hold a janitors broom these days.

Wasn't it Expedia, who was caught red handed offering higher rates to Mac Users? They couldn't carry Priceline/agoda's jockstrap. I never use Expedia, and based on the prices of the offerings, never will. Check out AirAsia points with a CIMB savings account.

I contacted AA a few times about it, I understand big business doesnt care about customers. But to allow someone who has booked hundreds of flights to get knocked by a partner a company touting there name is dissapointing to say the least

A very good reason to use the services of an independent travel agent. By doing so, you know the exact fare, you have a choice of airlines, travel times. Yes, it costs a bit more but no headaches. Hotels - invariably an independent can match the likes of Agoda.

I normally use Booking.com, lots of Free cancellation options up a day before you are due to check in also Tax is usually included in the price. Again Ive used these for years from Hotels in London/Phuket/Penang/KL to weekends in Bangkok. If I look at the site without logging in many hotels are more expensive before I log in, apparently I get a discount because I use them so much. Whether that discount is more than the Hotels charge or not I dont know. But like airlines I think these booking agencies book a certain amount in bulk and get a decent price

I've had owners of hotels that I've stayed in 100 times refuse to give me the same price as Agoda. Go figure.

There is a very simple explanation to that. Its in the terms & conditions when the hotel signs up with Agoda that they are not allowed to match or undercut the Agoda price. If they are getting lots of business from Agoda, obviously they don't wish to jeopardise it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a reply to my rant at Expedia (Airasia.Go) took a month. It was just a load of "Manager speak" . Apparently AirAsiaGo's sales are "Dynamic". So I asked them if Dynamic meant more expensive that the real Air Asia's listed price. Whats really annoyed me here is they have exploited my frequent use of Air asia to get a few extra quid , Airasia must be supplying information about their customers to expedia who then go out and try and get more money for flights

I held it together until the end of the response and then finished it with "Now .......Off and never contact me again you thieving piece of ........" , Childish I agree, but it made me feel better