60 day tourist - guaranteed 30day extension or multiple entry

hey guys heading over in april 2016... wanna stay till july ..

i read a 30 day extension cant be 100 percent guaranteed ...

what should i do... single entry and hope i get the extension.... if so how long before my 60 days is up can i apply within Thailand....

or get a multi entry tourist and leave... if so how long do i need to be away in order to come back.. and where should i go...

any suggestions would be much appreciated...

chris

There are no multiple entry tourist visas. Tourist visas are issued by the number of entries permitted 1,2 or 3

30 day extensions a to tourist visas are usually a simple routine matter. Apply during the last couple of weeks of the 60 days stay which a tourist visa allows. .

Getting a 30 day extension is routine and although I can't guarantee you'll get one, I guarantee you'll get one.

But if you want cover your bases then get a double entry tourist visa. That way, if required, you can exit after 60 days and re-enter activating the second 60 days.

Edited by elviajero

thanks guys .... so on the off chance cant get the extension... is there a time limit before u can come back to Thailand with the multi entry visa

You will get the 30 days extension, if you are not wanted by the police, arrested in Thailand or have made a serious problem while in Thailand (or at the immigration office).

But let`s say you by any reason will be denied, you will still get 7 days to leave the country (after your 60 days are up). That is obviously not enough for you, so you can leave the country either by air or land, and get a new 30 days visa exempt (by land if you are from a G7 country) when you enter the same day.

That will give you the time you need.

If you travel with a double entry visa, just leave and re-enter before the 60 days are up.

There is no time limit other than the dates in your passport. And you can come back any time.

Edited by thaibreaker

thanks guys .... so on the off chance cant get the extension... is there a time limit before u can come back to Thailand with the multi entry visa

Yes there is.

A double or triple entry tourist visa is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The visa will have an enter before date, which is also its expiry date. You must make your second or third entry before this date.

Any entry before the enter before date is given a 60 day stay. Even if it's the last day. But don't apply for the visa too early as the earlier you apply the less time you have to use the visa.

A single entry visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.