Best Way To Get To Ho Chi Minh City

tallen1966

Is there a bus that goes to Ho Chi Minh City from Pattaya? If so, how much does it cost and how long does it take? Any other recommendations on how to get there? Will an American need a visa?

Thanks!

All those questions can be looked up on the Internet. Fly is the quickest...Go to a Travel agency.. :o

Is there a bus that goes to Ho Chi Minh City from Pattaya? If so, how much does it cost and how long does it take? Any other recommendations on how to get there? Will an American need a visa?

Thanks!

All those questions can be looked up on the Internet. Fly is the quickest...Go to a Travel agency.. :o

Bus... Waow...... hope you have a good fat deposit on your rear end cause that would be one hel_l of a trip. By the time you get back, almost time to head out again.

Go there alot for work, Flight the only way I know, and you need a visa ( I think about 2000 b per single entry ). Multiple possible, but need sponsoring company

Edited by skippybangkok

1. Take a cheap flight to Phnom Penh, enjoy there for a while, and then take the bus to HCMC.

2. Not long ago elderly friends went Trat, Sihanoukville, Phnom Penh.

Hi,

how did that work with the visa requirements? Did they get a visa for Vietnam while in Cambodia, with the return bus trip booked? I am wondering if it is easier to fly back to Bangkok (going on a bit of a tour of the region)!

There is a Vietnamese consulate in Sihanoukville. Visa cost $35 and are available next day (I think you can get same day for an additional charge). No need to show exit ticket but you do need to state your departure point and need to go to immigration in Vietnam if you change your plan.

If you already have a visa, then the quickest way from Pattaya to HCM to take twice a week minibus to Phnom Pehn (I think run by Ko Chang Travel and includes overnight stop in Koh Kong) then bus Phnom Pehn to HCM. In total will take three days

There is a Vietnamese consulate in Sihanoukville. Visa cost $35 and are available next day (I think you can get same day for an additional charge). No need to show exit ticket but you do need to state your departure point and need to go to immigration in Vietnam if you change your plan.

If you already have a visa, then the quickest way from Pattaya to HCM to take twice a week minibus to Phnom Pehn (I think run by Ko Chang Travel and includes overnight stop in Koh Kong) then bus Phnom Pehn to HCM. In total will take three days

Where is Sihanukville?

Thanks