When Do You Start To Freak Out? Or When Do You Lose Your Temper?

Hello,

I'm using my last power to write this post, being trapped at Sisaket Diesel. Those who remember my (true) story from last week where I'd wasted the whole Friday and good parts of Saturday at Mitsubishi might understand how I feel now.

Okay, after a new clutch which nobody really needed, I knew it was time to get my Diesel pump and nozzles overhauled. Okay, let's do it on Saturday morning.

I drove to Sisaket Diesel, explained what I wanted and they started to take the pump and injector out. That was at 9 am.

For whatever reason, all went wrong. The new system ( 7,700 baht with a new water pump) was worse than when I brought it to the shop. In addition, one injector was leaking.

The guys here walk so slowly that you could take their shoes off while they're walking and they might not even realize it.

I feel like shit, caught a flu with fever and feel like I want to sleep. But I can't because these guys put the Diesel pump in, but a wrong timing. The boss was even asking me if my car would burn oil.....( truth was that the car's exhaust system threw out black and blue smoke...............

I saw that one injector was leaking, I mean a brand new part, just done by a fabulous mechanic.Of course was it nobody and finally I had to go and talk to the boss if he could take a look at it.

Now it's already 6.30, just came back from 7,Eleven, stick some junk food sandwiches in me and checked on my car. It sounds much better now, after they changed the timing a little, but a loud noise comes from the new overhauled pump and a lot of black smoke follows.

It seems that they don't know what to do and I'm ready to kill somebody,or maybe only myself? I need to go to bed, my fever is getting worse.

I hear the nasty and loud sound, much louder than the engine, coming from the new overhauled Diesel pump. I'm glad that I didn't pay yet and might have to come back tomorrow. It's past 7 pm now. 8.5 hours at Sisaket Diesel is way too much and too long.

Whatever, I'll call my wife now to pick me up with the motorbike, need to go to bed and cure my flu.

Two weekends in a roll messed up by people who shouldn't do what they do.

The boss seems to have a lot of whiskey and just sent me home to come back on Monday. Amazing Thailand, indeed.

Hello,

I'm using my last power to write this post, being trapped at Sisaket Diesel. Those who remember my (true) story from last week where I'd wasted the whole Friday and good parts of Saturday at Mitsubishi might understand how I feel now.

Okay, after a new clutch which nobody really needed, I knew it was time to get my Diesel pump and nozzles overhauled. Okay, let's do it on Saturday morning.

I drove to Sisaket Diesel, explained what I wanted and they started to take the pump and injector out. That was at 9 am.

For whatever reason, all went wrong. The new system ( 7,700 baht with a new water pump) was worse than when I brought it to the shop. In addition, one injector was leaking.

The guys here walk so slowly that you could take their shoes off while they're walking and they might not even realize it.

I feel like shit, caught a flu with fever and feel like I want to sleep. But I can't because these guys put the Diesel pump in, but a wrong timing. The boss was even asking me if my car would burn oil.....( truth was that the car's exhaust system threw out black and blue smoke...............

I saw that one injector was leaking, I mean a brand new part, just done by a fabulous mechanic.Of course was it nobody and finally I had to go and talk to the boss if he could take a look at it.

Now it's already 6.30, just came back from 7,Eleven, stick some junk food sandwiches in me and checked on my car. It sounds much better now, after they changed the timing a little, but a loud noise comes from the new overhauled pump and a lot of black smoke follows.

It seems that they don't know what to do and I'm ready to kill somebody,or maybe only myself? I need to go to bed, my fever is getting worse.

I hear the nasty and loud sound, much louder than the engine, coming from the new overhauled Diesel pump. I'm glad that I didn't pay yet and might have to come back tomorrow. It's past 7 pm now. 8.5 hours at Sisaket Diesel is way too much and too long.

Whatever, I'll call my wife now to pick me up with the motorbike, need to go to bed and cure my flu.

The boss seems to have a lot of whiskey and just sent me home to come back on Monday. Amazing Thailand, indeed.

Did not know Sisaket had a different time zone.

Good luck with the car.

is there aircon in the workshop? If not then i also would walk slow. And if the customer had problems with that i would even need a break.

And why did you order an overhauled pump? Overhauled in Thailand? Just order a new one if the car is worth it, or buy another car.

The mechanics can't help the fact the pump might not be good and a leaking nozzle doesn't have to be the mechanics fault. If i was them i would have never showed you the leak or even enter the workshop. Cheap fallang orders cheap parts and then blames the mechanics.

But i hope it all will be fixed soon. If the car uses oil then buy another one or just a whole new engine or a used one with low mileage.

is there aircon in the workshop? If not then i also would walk slow. And if the customer had problems with that i would even need a break.

And why did you order an overhauled pump? Overhauled in Thailand? Just order a new one if the car is worth it, or buy another car.

The mechanics can't help the fact the pump might not be good and a leaking nozzle doesn't have to be the mechanics fault. If i was them i would have never showed you the leak or even enter the workshop. Cheap fallang orders cheap parts and then blames the mechanics.

But i hope it all will be fixed soon. If the car uses oil then buy another one or just a whole new engine or a used one with low mileage.

This shop overhauls all sorts of Diesel pumps and nozzles.Would you buy a new engine, if you only need new piston rings and a new cylinder head gasket?

The mechanics overhauled the pump and the nozzles, but one nozzle was leaking and the mechanic put the pump in, but with the wrong timing.

BTW, I saw the leaking nozzle and i assume that it's my right as a customer to point that out when they're asking for relatively good money. In this case 7,600 baht.

2,500 for a new water pump, which turned out that it was leaking, after only 20 K. Considering that they had to take a lot of parts off that I could see the leaking water pump, common sense to get it changed.

I'm living off a salary that doesn't allow me to buy a new car and i don't want a new car. All i wanted was to get my Diesel pump fixed.

It got dark and I'll have to be back Monday morning. Glad that I didn't pay yet.

Do you want a new wife when your wife get's sick? Just asking............facepalm.gif

You do not seem to live here longer, do you? blink.png

Edited by lostinisaan

Take it easy and forget about your Diesel for a couple of days.

Take an overdose of Vitamin C and sleep till Monday.

Take care and feel better

Thanks a lot, really appreciated. After the changing clutch last week, which wasn't the problem i was really close to a nervous breakdown.

They usually need 3 hours for such a job, but staying there all day and being so sick wasn't good at all.

Got a tea next to me with a lot of lemon juice and feel like a locomotive drove over my head. Thanks, again.

Edited by lostinisaan

This shop overhauls all sorts of Diesel pumps and nozzles.Would you buy a new engine, if you only need new piston rings and a new cylinder head gasket?

The mechanics overhauled the pump and the nozzles, but one nozzle was leaking and the mechanic put the pump in, but with the wrong timing.

BTW, I saw the leaking nozzle and i assume that it's my right as a customer to point that out when they're asking for relatively good money. In this case 7,600 baht.

2,500 for a new water pump, which turned out that it was leaking, after only 20 K. Considering that they had to take a lot of parts off that I could see the leaking water pump, common sense to get it changed.

I'm living off a salary that doesn't allow me to buy a new car and i don't want a new car. All i wanted was to get my Diesel pump fixed.

It got dark and I'll have to be back Monday morning. Glad that I didn't pay yet.

Do you want a new wife when your wife get's sick? Just asking............facepalm.gif

No only 15 years here sir, not vely much. And only repairing cars for 30 years, also peanuts.

new waterpump, new clutch, new pistonrings, new dieselpump, nozzles and i even didn't read part1.

Why would the mechanics run for you? Did you bring them something from the 711?

And what does 20.000 km say about a waterpump? 2500 says much more, that it's too cheap. 20.000 km in traffic jam is the same as 100.000 on highways.

Well good luck with it, i guess part3 will come soon but i'm not gonna read it.

No only 15 years here sir, not vely much. And only repairing cars for 30 years, also peanuts.

new waterpump, new clutch, new pistonrings, new dieselpump, nozzles and i even didn't read part1.

Why would the mechanics run for you? Did you bring them something from the 711?

And what does 20.000 km say about a waterpump? 2500 says much more, that it's too cheap. 20.000 km in traffic jam is the same as 100.000 on highways.

Well good luck with it, i guess part3 will come soon but i'm not gonna read it.

If you've got nothing to say..then just.say nothing, please.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, Mr Mechanic. thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

My local garage couldn't change the side lights fuse.

Told me it was fixed, and hoped I didn't notice the lights not working, even though it was after dark when I collected.

And I got a load of shit on the thread I started about it.

Apparently we are expecting too much from the local garages .........

or I should have done it myself ......

or I'm a troll and the fuse was never broken, I don't have a car, and I don't really live in Thailand.

Good luck anyway.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

My local garage couldn't change the side lights fuse.

Told me it was fixed, and hoped I didn't notice the lights not working, even though it was after dark when I collected.

And I got a load of shit on the thread I started about it.

Apparently we are expecting too much from the local garages .........

or I should have done it myself ......

or I'm a troll and the fuse was never broken, I don't have a car, and I don't really live in Thailand.

Good luck anyway.

Yep. You're a troll and so am I. We just make things up. Hell no, who'd spend two weekends at two different places where they say that they fix cars?

And you, please stop whining with your sidelight!! You should be able to drive without a headlight and well, the rear light is a waste of money anyway.

Stop whining and buy a new car. Please read the mechanic's good advice. Broken bulb and full ashtray= new car. Kau Tchai Mai? facepalm.gif

Thanks a lot, really appreciated. After the changing clutch last week, which wasn't the problem i was really close to a nervous breakdown.

They usually need 3 hours for such a job, but staying there all day and being so sick wasn't good at all.

Got a tea next to me with a lot of lemon juice and feel like a locomotive drove over my head. Thanks, again.

Wow really.... 3 hours to remove, recondition and re-fit the injectors and pump.How do you know that is how long it should take ?

Wow really.... 3 hours to remove, recondition and re-fit the injectors and pump.How do you know that is how long it should take ?

Because I had mine overhauled six years ago and was asking them how much time it will take to do the job.

But things can go wrong. And I apologize that things went very wrong for me in the last two weeks.

Looks as if your having a run of Bad Luck.

Get well soon lost and I hope they can get your pick up going like a new one.coffee1.gif

Can't go to school anyway and will be there again at 8 am tomorrow. Then see how things go.

It was like a new one 8 days ago.

7700 baht for a revised dieselpump, nuzzles and also a new waterpump which is hard to reach.

Welcome to Thailand.whistling.gif

And then still complaint of course.

This would have costed 80.000 where i come from. With warranty of course.

7700 baht for a revised dieselpump, nuzzles and also a new waterpump which is hard to reach.

Welcome to Thailand is a real good one. Made me feel much better and even the Diesel pump started laughing. Been here for 14 + now.....

Yes, it's a lot more money in other countries, because labor is so expensive. But Thailand is a developing country and a mechanic might have 300 baht a day.

Do you have a car in Thailand? I don't think that you know what the problems here are.

The mechanics here went through an education, completely different to one in a more civilized country.They don't know much about their job.

The electric/electronic/ seems to be at fault, but they don't know how to check those things out. I bought a mechanic who fixed my big bike a voltmeter, but even after explaining how to use it, he went back to his method to hold a wire on ground to see if there's electricity.

Just watched a guy who picked up a school bus, also overhauled Diesel pump last Saturday. The driver couldn't start the engine, because air was in the system. A mechanic had to pump the air out and they let the guy leave the place.

Only a matter of time when he'll be back..........

My Diesel pump is out again, the same guy who made a shitty job on Saturday's doing the same job now again.Of course with an unknown outcome.

Sorry for my boring experience. I really apologize to bother people like you with my problems.

Is this the same diesel place that fxxkxd up your engine before?

Nope. A week before I was trapped at Mitsubishi Sisaket, where they believed to 100 % that the clutch would be at fault, causing the loss of a lot of power.

After changing the clutch, it was still the same. A weird sound at 3,000 RPM, black smoke out of the exhaust.....then they gave up and sent me to Sisaket Diesel.

Now I'm sitting here already more than three hours, the guy had the pump in parts- again- put all together, checked it on a Diesel pump device, but found out that something isn't quite right.

Okay, now it's in pieces for the third time. Seems that the guy's lost in space.

Glad that I didn't send my wife to this place, really want to leave asap with a functioning pump. That's all I wanted, an overhauled pump and nozzles.

The third day I spend at a garage within only two weeks. That's why I was asking when do you lose your temper?

Glad that they have internet and I can fix my notebook waiting for my truck. Amazing Thailand.

I NEVER lose my temper with a Thai, I know that is merely a request to be put down in an ugly way. I DID lose it just the other day. I was driving my motorbike two blocks to a 7/11 on Jomtien Beach road from Soi 19 to Soi 17 sans helmet. I was half way there when this fat old farang, also on a motorbike, started yelling at me to put a helmet on. "F" off's and the such were slung back and forth, and I pulled off to slap this jerk into next week if he'd had the guts to stop. Of course he just kept driving away. That is not at ALL my usual behaviour, but it was none of his damned business, I say.

Stressed yes, I feel your pain, however thats also life

This is also Thailand where life is substantially more stress full

Six months ago I bought 140,000 of Apple computers, and do not get the service I am promised, result they are not working as was promised, in the end after much stress I have to walk away

Yesterday I was stressed so went to town for two hour massage, came away feeling so much better, all for 500batt

Stay calm Thailand is Thailand, Living at best is stressful

I NEVER lose my temper with a Thai, I know that is merely a request to be put down in an ugly way. I DID lose it just the other day. I was driving my motorbike two blocks to a 7/11 on Jomtien Beach road from Soi 19 to Soi 17 sans helmet. I was half way there when this fat old farang, also on a motorbike, started yelling at me to put a helmet on. "F" off's and the such were slung back and forth, and I pulled off to slap this jerk into next week if he'd had the guts to stop. Of course he just kept driving away. That is not at ALL my usual behaviour, but it was none of his damned business, I say.

Yep, the old, fat and bald farrang on TVF.

Hello,

Did not know Sisaket had a different time zone.

Good luck with the car.

Your post is not even related to the problem..and is of no value.

Welcome to Thailand is a real good one. Made me feel much better and even the Diesel pump started laughing. Been here for 14 + now.....

Yes, it's a lot more money in other countries, because labor is so expensive. But Thailand is a developing country and a mechanic might have 300 baht a day.

Do you have a car in Thailand? I don't think that you know what the problems here are.

The mechanics here went through an education, completely different to one in a more civilized country.They don't know much about their job.

The electric/electronic/ seems to be at fault, but they don't know how to check those things out. I bought a mechanic who fixed my big bike a voltmeter, but even after explaining how to use it, he went back to his method to hold a wire on ground to see if there's electricity.

Just watched a guy who picked up a school bus, also overhauled Diesel pump last Saturday. The driver couldn't start the engine, because air was in the system. A mechanic had to pump the air out and they let the guy leave the place.

My Diesel pump is out again, the same guy who made a shitty job on Saturday's doing the same job now again.Of course with an unknown outcome.

Sorry for my boring experience. I really apologize to bother people like you with my problems.

"Sorry for my boring experience. I really apologize to bother people like you with my problems."

Apology not accepted, it's not genuine.

You sound like a good mate for the bloke that damaged the sump of his BIG bike in a shopping center car park.

Ok, you stated your problem. You get a bit of sympathy & a few flames. That's what happens on a public forum.

Why go on, & on, & on about it. It's only getting you more worked up. Take a long walk. Take a cold shower. Have a few beers. Have a nookie. Any / all of these will make you feel much better.

That will be 500 baht consultation fee.

Next patient please.

"Sorry for my boring experience. I really apologize to bother people like you with my problems."

Apology not accepted, it's not genuine.

You sound like a good mate for the bloke that damaged the sump of his BIG bike in a shopping center car park.

Ok, you stated your problem. You get a bit of sympathy & a few flames. That's what happens on a public forum.

Why go on, & on, & on about it. It's only getting you more worked up. Take a long walk. Take a cold shower. Have a few beers. Have a nookie. Any / all of these will make you feel much better.

That will be 500 baht consultation fee.

Next patient please.

Got my functioning car back yesterday at around 4 pm. The guy had to take the Diesel pump apart three times and it seems that it works well now.

BTW, I never lost my temper, but was very close to explode.

Edited by lostinisaan

Thought you might come from thailand now as you choose to live here just a thought !!!

Few things happened to me:

- My car jack with tools was stolen in brand service along with car ashtray. Complained when noticed, no reaction.

- Bought brand new pickup and asked if the wheels were balanced and aligned. They said they did already. Brand service station. Later felt that not everything was 100% and when taking it to XXXXX km service asked them to do the check again. They answered they don't have the wheel alignment machine (<deleted>?). Took it to another garage that did with the result that one wheel had been so badly worn out on one side that I had to buy a new one. Dangerous and unforgivable service that I paid for. Took the wheel to the boss of that brand shop as a gift. Slammed it direct to his desk with compliments.

- Seen a mechanic making a 'check and service' opening the hood looking the engine and closing the hood. Service done.

And lots of other times that made me feel desperate. It doesn't seem to be the thing for Thais to take pride in their work. It doesn't make any difference whether it is a so called quality brand place or a village garage. Actually, the best motorbike mechanic I know is in a small village. He worked in Australia and after making enough money retired here with few little businesses. Hands on man and can explain me everything in fluent English. There is now a local garage that they have done good job so far. I say so far since I would never trust the status quo to stay the same.

Due to all my disappointments, I have been looking into how to service cars and read about various things in net. I have never been interested in cars except being a good transport from A to B. Since moving here, I have had to understand how various things work and so on. Normally they don't stock spare parts, sometimes not even air filters or similar exchangeable things. So, one has to prepare with right parts and so on before entering any garage. BTW, your problems with leaking might have something to do with not having the right part. I had once a problem with Volvo and the part was supposed to be right one but eventually it had some very minor difference so it didn't work right. To know the exact right part one needs to check the serial number of the part. As far as I know, if it works, it doesn't matter if it's used or not.

So, my advice is to know about ones motor. Otherwise here in LOS anything might go wrong. And myself I really don't like to get involved with car service and maintenance but here I must do so.

Having repairs done while you wait is generally a bad idea; even in Falang-land. All it does is drive up your anxiety level.

Next time repairs are needed, drop off the car & plant to leave it there a couple of days. Go home or anywhere, and don't think about it. When you come back & it's not right, then you can raise hell but at least in the meantime you didn't drive everyone crazy (including yourself).