Triton Reliability

stament

Sounds like that answers my question! There was one archived one which someone had issues and it was suggested to clean the filter, I am no expert and OP didnt respond on the thread, was 2012 archived, hence I had to start this thread to ask e question, because as you said hardly any posts.

Thanks again

I can't recall a single thread here with someone complaining about the reliability of their Triton.

Thats cos the Ranger boys fill the forum moaning how crap their trucks are. Too early to tell with the new 2.4 engined Mitsu but I have read about some turbo lag probs, think it was mentioned too in a recent article in the - - - - with the new PJS.

Stick with the Vigo, the D4D is a legend.

wouldn't even bother, the new Nissan p*sses all over it. The forums Mitsu man - giddyup will be along soon to answer your query.

Don't have the current model. You who knows everything should know that.

wouldn't even bother, the new Nissan p*sses all over it. The forums Mitsu man - giddyup will be along soon to answer your query.

Impeccable timing, I did, it was today's trick question.

With the current model being on the market for a short period of time only, I really doubt there are reliability issues.

But to comfort the OP, I don't think there are reliability issues with the previous models.

With the current model being on the market for a short period of time only, I really doubt there are reliability issues.

But to comfort the OP, I don't think there are reliability issues with the previous models.

Had my 2014 model for 9 months with zero problems.

Thanks for the reply, I am not interested in buying, just interested in how reliable they are. Currently have a 3yr old Vigo Champ that I have had no issues with and will keep for a good few years yet.

The previous generation Triton and the generation before that were very reliable. As Steve said, too early to tell for the new generation. Why does the OP care if not interested in buying?

I can't recall a single thread here with someone complaining about the reliability of their Triton.

Thats cos the Ranger boys fill the forum moaning how crap their trucks are. Too early to tell with the new 2.4 engined Mitsu but I have read about some turbo lag probs, think it was mentioned too in a recent article in the - - - - with the new PJS.

Stick with the Vigo, the D4D is a legend.

Turbo lag is not a reliability problem.

The old Mitsu 2.5L power band is at slightly higher revs than a D4D. They are both fine and any decent driver can adapt.

Our Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsu and Ford work utes have all been reliable.

Toyota fans seem to complain more about Ford than Ranger owners. Wonder why?

i have a triton almost 2 years old. excellent pickup. no problems although the aircon compressor did squeal to start with but that was just fixed with 30 000km service. I bought it from the na jomtien mitsu dealer. I tried to buy one off the dealership on the north end of pattaya but the took my deposit then could not get me the correct model or colour. I spend weeks trying to get my deposit but every time they just promised to get me the car. gave up in the end, almost 20k out of pocket. if anyone is reading this put a minimum deposit down when ordering a car.

by the way I got my 2 door 4 seater jacked (up think it is called the triton plus extra cab) for 600K this is excellent value, far better than other brands I looked at.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

i have a triton almost 2 years old. excellent pickup. no problems although the aircon compressor did squeal to start with but that was just fixed with 30 000km service. I bought it from the na jomtien mitsu dealer. I tried to buy one off the dealership on the north end of pattaya but the took my deposit then could not get me the correct model or colour. I spend weeks trying to get my deposit but every time they just promised to get me the car. gave up in the end, almost 20k out of pocket. if anyone is reading this put a minimum deposit down when ordering a car.

by the way I got my 2 door 4 seater jacked (up think it is called the triton plus extra cab) for 600K this is excellent value, far better than other brands I looked at.

You never got your deposit back? I put 10,000 baht down on a pickup from the Mitsu dealer on Sukhumvit, same side and not far from the BKK/Pattaya hospital. Same problem, couldn't get my colour, but they eventually refunded into my bank account. Ended up getting the colour I wanted (Titanium Grey) from Rayong.

Edited by giddyup

You never got your deposit back? I put 10,000 baht down on a pickup from the Mitsu dealer on Sukhumvit, same side and not far from the BKK/Pattaya hospital. Same problem, couldn't get my colour, but they eventually refunded into my bank account. Ended up getting the colour I wanted (Titanium Grey) from Rayong.

put a 14000thb deposit down at the north pattaya dealership, then they kept phoning me to say they could not get the pickup I wanted, everytime I went there they said they were going to get the one I wanted. I went to the one on the south side of pattayaand they had the exact pickup I wanted. the north dealership also had the bluebook from my old pick up and I had to bribe them 5000thb to get it back. I tried and tried to get the deposit but gave up in the end. I did not know what else to do. total 19000thb lost, 2 years later I am still angry about it. love my current pickup though which I thought was a bargin.post-244779-0-21682500-1441084777_thumb.post-244779-0-21682500-1441084777_thumb.post-244779-0-21682500-1441084777_thumb.

put a 14000thb deposit down at the north pattaya dealership, then they kept phoning me to say they could not get the pickup I wanted, everytime I went there they said they were going to get the one I wanted. I went to the one on the south side of pattayaand they had the exact pickup I wanted. the north dealership also had the bluebook from my old pick up and I had to bribe them 5000thb to get it back. I tried and tried to get the deposit but gave up in the end. I did not know what else to do. total 19000thb lost, 2 years later I am still angry about it. love my current pickup though which I thought was a bargin.attachicon.giftriton side.jpgattachicon.giftriton side.jpgattachicon.giftriton side.jpg

I think you gave up too easily. They can't refuse to refund your deposit if they can't get the vehicle you want. I must admit, I had to chase them a bit, it took 6 weeks before I got my money, but there was no way I was going to write off 10,000 baht. I would have been making phone calls to Mitsus head office if they hadn't come to the party.

put a 14000thb deposit down at the north pattaya dealership, then they kept phoning me to say they could not get the pickup I wanted, everytime I went there they said they were going to get the one I wanted. I went to the one on the south side of pattayaand they had the exact pickup I wanted. the north dealership also had the bluebook from my old pick up and I had to bribe them 5000thb to get it back. I tried and tried to get the deposit but gave up in the end. I did not know what else to do. total 19000thb lost, 2 years later I am still angry about it. love my current pickup though which I thought was a bargin.attachicon.giftriton side.jpgattachicon.giftriton side.jpgattachicon.giftriton side.jpg

I think you gave up too easily. They can't refuse to refund your deposit if they can't get the vehicle you want. I must admit, I had to chase them a bit, it took 6 weeks before I got my money, but there was no way I was going to write off 10,000 baht. I would have been making phone calls to Mitsus head office if they hadn't come to the party.

well I have to admit to some stupidity on my part. finally they said they would put the deposit back into my account and asked for my paperwork back. I gave it to them, and of course the money never arrived into my account and now I have no proof. I used to buy new cars in Australia and I was just used to dealing with honest people. I ended up just writing it off. I will only deal with the mitsu dealership on the south side of town. I am tempted to put a topic up warning people not to put big deposits down on cars, especialy at the mitsu dealership on the north side of town.

20K in deposit not refunded? I would have been calling the police, or a lawyer.

Had a Triton 2WD ute in Australia, never had a problem. A Lancer 200K plus when it was traded in, no problems. Still have a Mitsubishi AWD Magna 250K plus.

The engine in the WW2 Zero was a Mitsubishi, so I think they know a thing or two about building reliable motors.

i've got a 2009 3.2 diesel no problems so far but all "did' diesels have trouble with the reintroduction of the exhaust gasses back into the engine to be reburnt.the problem is build up of sludge in the intake manifold.in mine the breather for the tappet cover is reintroduced before the turbo thus the oil from the breather mixes with the exhaust and turns into a concrete like sludge which has to be cleaned out eventually.i put a catch can on between the breather and the turbo which seems to be working so far.

i've got a 2009 3.2 diesel no problems so far but all "did' diesels have trouble with the reintroduction of the exhaust gasses back into the engine to be reburnt.the problem is build up of sludge in the intake manifold.in mine the breather for the tappet cover is reintroduced before the turbo thus the oil from the breather mixes with the exhaust and turns into a concrete like sludge which has to be cleaned out eventually.i put a catch can on between the breather and the turbo which seems to be working so far.

The system you are talking about is Exhaust Gass Re-circulation and all pickup diesels use it to meet emission standards. EGR valve and manifold issues were common with most brands until some minor improvements to design and service schedules minimised the impact. Some owners block the EGR system or use a catch can like you mention to avoid the detrimental effect on the engine.