Sea tran pier donsak

BigC

Just to let you lot know

donsak pier I got asked for ID at the gate by the army

Then security before going to boat

Then by the ticket collecting lady

3 times

Plus they pulled over motor bikes the lot

10-30am here on a wet and miserable bank holiday Monday and returning from some shopping gets stopped at a police road block. Asked for ID, where I had been, what I was doing, asked to see inside the boot and breathalysed as well. They have no reason to check the tax, MOT or insurance on the car anymore as it is all on computer and the automatic numberplate recognition system takes care of that side of things. If you ever get stopped for having forgotten to pay for any of these three they simply take your car off you there and then without any questions. All good and on my way again.

This is in a small town in the North east of the UK so considering what has just happened back home in Thailand I find this the least to expect.

Don't even get me started on driving here. I can't wait to get back to the Thai drivers whistling.gif

I have posted about this previously. No matter who you are, you must show ID, once on leaving Samui, 3 times upon heading to Samui. Been going on since after the bombing with Seatran , also no plates no go.