PM Prayut driven in armoured vehicle to Government House

webfact

PM driven in armoured vehicle to Government House

6-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today arrived at Government House for his usual meeting in a black and dark-tinted armoured Volkswagen van.

He altered from his regular Mercedez car to the armoured vehicle.

The prime minister chaired the first meeting of the new economic ministers today.

Prior to the meeting, newly-appointed Army commander-in-chief Gen Teerachi Narkvanich also arrived at the Government House this morning after Royal command announcing him the new army chief was made last Friday.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-driven-in-armoured-vehicle-to-government-house

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-31

He turned down going to the Erawan shrine not for his own safety of course, but for the safety of his bodyguards and entourage. I therefore assume that his armored car is big enough for all of them too.

At face value of course, this would seem like the actions of a coward. So I guess he's a coward.

Edited by 15Peter20

He turned down going to the Erawan shrine not for his own safety of course, but for the safety of his bodyguards and entourage. I therefore assume that his armored car is big enough for all of them too.

At face value of course, this would seem like the actions of a coward. So I guess he's a coward.

Does that make many leaders of countries and government services and ceo's of companies cowards too? It's normal that those are driven around in armored cars and do not visit certain places at certain moments for simple safety reasons.

Sounds quite naive to start calling all those people cowards for that reason.

Especially in Thailand there's good reason for Prayuth to take safety measures. He took over to end the shootings and bombings that were frequently taking place. Attempts to destabilise the country. There will be many that would love to see him killed. Don't make things easy for them.

Just one week ago he assured the press that "all foreigners visiting Thailand for whatever the purposes will have their safety protected during their stay in the country." What have they learned in the intervening week (from the guy who hasn't said a word)?

Especially in Thailand there's good reason for Prayuth to take safety measures. He took over to end the shootings and bombings that were frequently taking place. Attempts to destabilise the country. There will be many that would love to see him killed. Don't make things easy for them.

Almost every Thai I have spoken with would like to see him killed.

About 30% of them would like to be the one do it, given a fighting chance of success.

Why do you only speak to UDD supporters.

Most of the Thais I have spoken to are more than happy to be rid of the thieving bunch from PTP and are happy to see some of those involved in corruption ended up in court. If it needs the army to stay in power for longer they say that is better than reverting to the previous system.

And I do speak to a variety of people both red & yellow backgrounds and they would only be upset with the General if they were caught up to no good as before they easily got away with a lot more.

You do know it is not only the PTP complicit in corruption right? There is a huge and untouchable organization in Thailand (that wear khakis) that have their fingers in many many grubby little pies yet the spotlight is never put on them, there is never a question of when they will be reformed.

As the old Thai saying goes "same same, but different."

Edited by lildragon

Almost every Thai I have spoken with would like to see him killed.

About 30% of them would like to be the one do it, given a fighting chance of success.

Strange, all the girls I met from TF hated Thaksin and supported the coup.

Being brave or a hero is not part of the job description for running a country. Shall we run down the list of "hero" leaders: JFK, Aquino, Aung San, Regan, Bobby Kennedy, Ghandi, John Paul II etc ... nothing that worked out too well. Why take the risk?

Does that make many leaders of countries and government services and ceo's of companies cowards too? It's normal that those are driven around in armored cars and do not visit certain places at certain moments for simple safety reasons.

"He took over to end the shootings and bombings that were frequently taking place"

Lets not get carried away with promoting fabricated coup motivations, by parroting coup apologists.

The PDRC and their gratuitous shootings and bombings were designed to create the impression of political dysfunction, so that those who could not win elections could create another pathway to power.

I'm sure a timely Prayuth whisper in Suthep's ear would have brought the PDRC nonsense to an abrupt halt.

And letting the election proceed would have finished the matter.

Neither of those two things were in the self-serving interest of the PDRC and coup perps, and the rest is history.

To suggest the coup was designed to end political dysfunction that was contrived, is simply parroting their self-righteous spin..

Edited by Blackfalds

deleted post

What an excellent post. Right from the horses mouth.

This, ladies and gentleman, is the UDD. If anyone still has any doubts about who was behind the bloodbath in 2010 and who murdered the innocent men, women and children during the last protests then this should remove them.

In some ways I hope they do start their communist revolution and charge head-on at the Army - Thailand will have a much brighter future without these medieval murderers, liars and thieves.

So last week he was in the Merc and this week in the VW. Indeed was has happened in the last week? I

reckon its because the government (Army) and the coppers really have no idea when the Erawan bombers may

next decide to make some more headlines. The junta have the reds under control but have no idea what the

largely unknown new enemy may do next. Hence the VW and the shambles around security.

"He took over to end the shootings and bombings that were frequently taking place"

Lets not get carried away with promoting fabricated coup motivations, by parroting coup apologists.

The PDRC and their gratuitous shootings and bombings were designed to create the impression of political dysfunction, so that those who could not win elections could create another pathway to power.

I'm sure a timely Prayuth whisper in Suthep's ear would have brought the PDRC nonsense to an abrupt halt.

And letting the election proceed would have finished the matter.

Neither of those two things were in the self-serving interest of the PDRC and coup perps, and the rest is history.

To suggest the coup was designed to end political dysfunction that was contrived, is simply parroting their self-righteous spin..

The only thing more insane than this post are those who clicked 'like'.

Do you seriously think the PDRC did the shooting and the murders ?. Surely nobody is that gullible.

btw: You should wipe that spit off your chin and your keyboard.

Being brave or a hero is not part of the job description for running a country. Shall we run down the list of "hero" leaders: JFK, Aquino, Aung San, Regan, Bobby Kennedy, Ghandi, John Paul II etc ... nothing that worked out too well. Why take the risk?

By Regan, I assume you mean Reagan? Bobby Kennedy never managed to reach the reins; he was assassinated before election day. Gandhi never led India, per se. And the Vatican is hardly a country.

Threw a coup because the country wasn't safe and secure. A year later he needs an armoured car to get to work in the morning.

Keep up the good work Mr P. At this rate one of your pals will overthrow you.

deleted post

This, ladies and gentleman, is the UDD. If anyone still has any doubts about who was behind the bloodbath in 2010 and who murdered the innocent men, women and children during the last protests then this should remove them.

In some ways I hope they do start their communist revolution and charge head-on at the Army - Thailand will have a much brighter future without these medieval murderers, liars and thieves.

John how do you know he's referring to the PTP - UDD, Reds? It could be he lives in Pattani and

spends all his time with local muslims. It could be that he lives in Lopburi and spends all his

time with soldiers from the first army who have been disenfranchised from the trough by the

tiger's of the east -Prayuths faction and would be happy to see his demise. It could be that he

spends his time with Thai coppers who have had their incomes crushed as the Army have replaced

them at the trough. But maybe you are right - family members of those 80 odd democracy

protesters cut down by army snipers in 2010 would logically have a reason to want to get even with the man who commanded the grisly operation and is responsible for the slaughter.

deleted post

John how do you know he's referring to the PTP - UDD, Reds? It could be he lives in Pattani and

spends all his time with local muslims. It could be that he lives in Lopburi and spends all his

time with soldiers from the first army who have been disenfranchised from the trough by the

tiger's of the east -Prayuths faction and would be happy to see his demise. It could be that he

spends his time with Thai coppers who have had their incomes crushed as the Army have replaced

them at the trough. But maybe you are right - family members of those 80 odd democracy

protesters cut down by army snipers in 2010 would logically have a reason to want to get even with the man who commanded the grisly operation and is responsible for the slaughter.

There are so many factions all trying to get their slice of the pie at the expense of others, unless you live in EJ's world where it is all black and white with no shades of grey.

So last week he was in the Merc and this week in the VW. Indeed was has happened in the last week? I

reckon its because the government (Army) and the coppers really have no idea when the Erawan bombers may

next decide to make some more headlines. The junta have the reds under control but have no idea what the

largely unknown new enemy may do next. Hence the VW and the shambles around security.

"The junta have the reds under control..."

No they don't. They think they do, but they don't know their spirit and cohesion.

Because they choose not to confront the current circumstances is strategy, not Junta control. "They" being former Red Shirts, PTP and others who have seen themselves electorally disenfranchised. They know this unilateral Govt. and their constitution is narrowly based in the larger electoral universe. I just hear them saying, "This is not their time"

Say what you will about the UDD, they did a hell-of-a-job awakening an electoral majority to their electoral and individual rights. They remain as unified as ever, and national in scope. The Junta is keeping their version of martial law for good reason. Thinking they can eradicate it shows how misinformed they are. Those who think that obviously never attended UDD events and are clue-less about them.

They are very clear-eyed about what is happening. They see and know. Maybe in pre-Thaksin/UDD years, they could have been duped.....That is no longer the case.

Only one side of the political divide is cheering at the moment, and generating false public opinion polls, or totally unrepresentative at best. The other side is strategically watching in an informed manner. The notion that this political diversity can be altered and bottled up forever is ridiculous. That genie is out-of-the-bottle.