Opening an American Company in Phuket

BinKata

I am looking to open a business in Phuket through the Thai/ American Treaty of Amity.

Can anyone recommend a Lawyer or a Business Advisor in Phuket who has experience setting up such a company?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

B

I used A. Accounting, over the hill from Patong in Kathu. Near the go kart track. They seemed to know what they were doing.

You need to check, but when I did it (2005), the company set-up was the same as normal with majority Thai and then I sent up the documents and about 3 months later it was approved. I had to go up to Nonthaburi for an interview(I think). Once OK'd, then dropped the Thai shareholders. Things may have changed.

I also read that it is no longer a slam dunk as in years past. The Treaty is officially expired, but they still keep it going. Not sure if they are more picky now.

Good Luck!

I used A. Accounting, over the hill from Patong in Kathu. Near the go kart track. They seemed to know what they were doing.

I Used the same accounting company ( A Accounting) for over 25 years now and always have good experience with them.

But most of the staff don't speak good English so a Thai speaker is preferred.