4wd truck, which brand ?

happysoul

I have a BT50 and am happy with it.

Other posters will tell you how happy they are with their truck.

Me too.

I have the 4x4 3.2 diesel.

Only used the 4x4 in koh chang, would like to find somewhere down here on the eastern seaboard to put it thru its paces.

Why don't they open Isuzu off road land (near bira circuit) to the public? They could charge for entry on weekends.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done that course and it's challenging. Too dangerous in places to allow unsupervised drivers. There was one 'test' where you are only allowed to be a passenger. I was quite pleased about that!!

And you are not allowed to use your own truck.

Edited by JAS21

I have a BT50 and am happy with it.

Other posters will tell you how happy they are with their truck.

Me too.

I have the 4x4 3.2 diesel.

Only used the 4x4 in koh chang, would like to find somewhere down here on the eastern seaboard to put it thru its paces.

Why don't they open Isuzu off road land (near bira circuit) to the public? They could charge for entry on weekends.

Aye, I've drove past that but couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

• 2 months later...

Back home, went to test drive the revo 2.8 G manual gear. Very easy to drive, inside looks like a sedan, very comfy and smooth drive. Would have loved to push it more to the limits but the sales girl would have probably fainted. An amazing feature is the iMT. Not much change when gearing up but huge advantage when lowering. You could almost put lower gear in and release the clutch with no respect, the car won't shake at all. The engine revs automatically to fall in the good rpm for your speed.

What made my final decision is the cooler 555.

Ordered one now to avoid the 100'000.- plus prize increase from 1st January.

Didn't ask too much for free stuff (not my mentality) but we might get free 1st class insurance, film for windows and was not quoted for the 4 cosmetic options I want to have.

Will update the topic when the car will be in the garden (told mid January and expect end of January as they will probably be quite busy delivering cars....)

Cheers

Edited by happysoul

• 2 weeks later...

Well, drove the first 250km in the revo. As comparison I drove a isuzu 4x4 of 99, then an isuzu 4 doors of 2004 (still have it) and a bt-50 of 2009. All these were 2nd hand cars. The best of the 3 above was the bt.

The revo is a smooth ride compared to the others. I find it very comfortable. Could be loud when accelerating strong but silent when cruising at 120-130 in 6th gear. Anyway, it's a truck and not a sedan.

Cornering feels safe too although I still never was alone in it to push it harder.

The 3 drive mods make a big difference. Plenty enough for me and the thai mountains roads on pwt mod.

A great feature is the iMT. You can lower the gears like a butcher, the ride stays smooth like an automatic transmission. Very convenient for our twisty roads and the passengers.

For me, the inside is perfect, sporty seats that hold you well, drivers seat electric adjustments allow you to find your best position (8 ways) and I feel like in the Audi a4 I used to have in Europe.

The tablet software could be better, but hey, this is a truck not a ps4 ;)

The push start button is bad, I'm always trying to turn the key to turn it off :)

Well, I'm a happy owner and hope same for the next 10 years.

Cheers

It is not really a surprise that a brand new 2015 pickup rides better than a 1999 model, or a 2004 model or even a 2009 modeln...that is what you are saying?

Anyway enjoy whatever. It has been said before though that the new breed of pickups all ride well.

Well, drove the first 250km in the revo. As comparison I drove a isuzu 4x4 of 99, then an isuzu 4 doors of 2004 (still have it) and a bt-50 of 2009. All these were 2nd hand cars. The best of the 3 above was the bt.

The revo is a smooth ride compared to the others. I find it very comfortable. Could be loud when accelerating strong but silent when cruising at 120-130 in 6th gear. Anyway, it's a truck and not a sedan.

Cornering feels safe too although I still never was alone in it to push it harder.

The 3 drive mods make a big difference. Plenty enough for me and the thai mountains roads on pwt mod.

A great feature is the iMT. You can lower the gears like a butcher, the ride stays smooth like an automatic transmission. Very convenient for our twisty roads and the passengers.

For me, the inside is perfect, sporty seats that hold you well, drivers seat electric adjustments allow you to find your best position (8 ways) and I feel like in the Audi a4 I used to have in Europe.

The tablet software could be better, but hey, this is a truck not a ps4 wink.png

The push start button is bad, I'm always trying to turn the key to turn it off smile.png

Well, I'm a happy owner and hope same for the next 10 years.

Cheers

Yep, these trucks really have come a long way in the past few years, and it's hard to imagine someone coming on here being unhappy with whatever they purchased ;)

O.K . Last whinge of the year chaps ,but the top Honda H R we just had is a disgrace compared to the Yank one. Jeez it ain't even a4by4 and costs more here. Take it or leave it.

Why don't you whinge about that in an appropriate thread? Unless you're referring to the Honda HR truck?

The OP whatever you buy make sure it's high up and strong.

Why do I say this well was out this morning shopping trotting along at about 5/60kmp behind a line of traffic.
Leading the group was an early Toyota Vigo 4/4. I could see that the lights had just changed to red so I started to slow.
Well as usual all the rest just plowed on, at the eleventh hour the Toyota stopped and the rest some 9 just went strait into the back of him. All I might add were small Toyota/Honda/Nissan (Noddy cars) That couldn't see what was happening ahead due to the large Vigo blocking their sight allegedly. Why allegedly well they couldn't have been drinking.

Out come was that the 4/4 pick ups large rear bumper had buggered the bonnet/Hood/lights of the car following. All the rest had lesser degrees of damage but still quite bad. Most with water coming out below.

Did I stop to help out, not on your life but I did open my window and call out happy new year well it is the festive season after all.

Edited by fredob43

O.K . Last whinge of the year chaps ,but the top Honda H R we just had is a disgrace compared to the Yank one. Jeez it ain't even a4by4 and costs more here. Take it or leave it.

Why don't you whinge about that in an appropriate thread? Unless you're referring to the Honda HR truck?

They are all Trucks to me Except a Range Rover or Land Cruiser.The new Everest is a major improvement in trucks here.

They are all Trucks to me Except a Range Rover or Land Cruiser.The new Everest is a major improvement in trucks here.

Point of interest the Range Rover and Land Cruiser are both classed as luxury SUV. Not Trucks.

Exept price ,engines , choise range ,compared to the World /USA offerings. No V6 or 8s.

Good. Utterly pointless having a bloody great V8 in a 1 tonne truck.

Bit harsh Jase. What about the bragging rights at the pub and the nice noise!

Exept price ,engines , choise range ,compared to the World /USA offerings. No V6 or 8s.

Nice noise? Buy the 3.2L and change the exhaust :)

OK, not a V8, but the best sounding pickup diesel I've heard :)

Been a horsepower junkie all my life. No such thing as too much - rather like having too much fun, or laughing too much. Never gonna happen.

Here's something to ponder. Africa. 50kg guide for big game hunters. Carried a 600 nitro Express. Client asked him why he carries such a big rifle. Answer - they don't make a 700

Nice noise? Buy the 3.2L and change the exhaust :)

OK, not a V8, but the best sounding pickup diesel I've heard :)

what's it say on the back Clanger ,Banger or Ranger

I think all the new pickups are good but I'm really pleased with my Isuzu V Cross 4X4 3.0 liter. Great fuel economy and surprising power plus it rides very good for a pickup. Getting a thousand kilometers on a tank of fuel is impressive.

Point of interest the Range Rover and Land Cruiser are both classed as luxury SUV. Not Trucks.

Who tell you this is?

Land cruiser it REAL track , for HARD working offroand even without upgrade.

I have Land Cruiser 100 2004 for more 400k km, just once cant start. But its be my mistake. I am not cover ingine and engine stop work after -50 degrees.

And have Land Cruiser 80 but upgrade for offroad,

So where is talking Land Cruiser it luxury SUV?

Land Cruiser 80, 105 or even 205 it luxury SUV?cheesy.gif

May be can say Lexus LX470 its luxury.

whistling.gif

Edited by ardokano

It is not really a surprise that a brand new 2015 pickup rides better than a 1999 model, or a 2004 model or even a 2009 modeln...that is what you are saying?

Anyway enjoy whatever. It has been said before though that the new breed of pickups all ride well.

I agree.

Really surprised 1999 model (but 10 yaer old) New 2001 and New 2015 model.whistling.gif