Prayut seeks royal command for revocation of Thaksin's police rank

webfact

Prayut seeks royal command for revocation of Thaksin's police rank
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Thursday that he had signed his name to endorse the police decision to strip former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of his rank of police lieutenant-colonel.

Prayut said he had forwarded the rank revocation for royal command.

The prime minister said Thaksin deserved the penalty because he had repeatedly committed offences warranting the action.

Prayut added that he would not confirm now whether the government would also seek revocation of Thaksin's royal decoration as well.

The pressure to recall his police rank mounted after Thaksin's claim in a May interview published by a South Korean newspaper that the royal advisory Privy Council was instrumental in staging the anti-government street protests that served as a pretext for the May 2014 military coup, which toppled his sister Yingluck Shinawatra’s elected administration.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-seeks-royal-command-for-revocation-of-Thaks-30268040.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-03

Hey Thailand! Wake up!! Try to keep your eye on the ball, you have a lot more to worry about than whether you strip a criminal of his police rank!

Just do it and get it over with; then, maybe you can do some real work.

PM says he has signed approval to strip Thaksin of police rank

22-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said today that he has already signed approval to the Royal Thai Police's proposed recommendation to strip the former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of his police rank.

He said he has signed the approval and was awaiting for authorities to submit to him the official document for Royal endorsement.

He also said recalling his royal decorations would follow in accordance with the formal procedure.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-says-he-has-signed-approval-to-strip-thaksin-of-police-rank

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-03

This is the BS for many years now, it was also the mistake of the Abhisit government, only hunting Taksin , no governing nothing they do to boost economy nor tourism only hunt the dog..... feel sorry for Thailand, to still have a corrupt government with all rich and Elite despite the coup.

Please Gen, do what you are supposed to do GOVERNING !

Crickey, the bloke has been out of the country 8 or so years and his proxy party now ousted of power and his enemy elites are STILL obsessed with him.

cheesy.gif and quite a few of you and your cadres are obsessed enough about that to bother making a comment.

Thaksin is as active as ever and you know it : you even confirm your hypocrisy with the phrase 'his proxy party' but I expect that point went way over your head.

Still waiting for the people's uprising and the communist revolution you have been promising. Will your fuhrer come back and lead from the front like he said he would in 2010 ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You will probably find that Thaksin had done General P some wrong in the past and now the good general is out for some payback!

Thais are like that, regardless of the we are 95% Buddhists and the may pen rai attitude on the surface!

I think the mockery of the show-trials by Pheu-Thai which had were restricted to the verdict "Killed by bullets from Army rifles" did it. Anyone who knows what happened know that the red-shirts were firing them too, but couple this with the official line that 'the army fired on unarmed protestors' and it basically made a headline which said the Army shot and murdered everybody.

It's called Kama and Thaksin has a LOT of it still waiting to come back his way.

Crickey, the bloke has been out of the country 8 or so years and his proxy party now ousted of power and his enemy elites are STILL obsessed with him.

cheesy.gif and quite a few of you and your cadres are obsessed enough about that to bother making a comment.

Thaksin is as active as ever and you know it : you even confirm your hypocrisy with the phrase 'his proxy party' but I expect that point went way over your head.

Still waiting for the people's uprising and the communist revolution you have been promising. Will your fuhrer come back and lead from the front like he said he would in 2010 ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Here he is juntajohn! Yes I said proxy party. I keep telling you I am not a red shirt or a fan of Thaksin at all. You keep ignoring that though.

His rank should of been stripped years ago and unceremoniously like the procedure that it is. This government are making a big song and dance about it, they are terrified of him and it is hilarious to watch.

Do you think people that are against this junta want some sort of Pol Pot, Khmer Rogue style 'revolution'? Are you really that deluded? Do you think this junta will can stay in forever while they themselves continue to divide and plunder the country?

Why am I even asking, of course you do.

If anyone was real interested in taking Thaksin out of the picture / news, they may want to contact a Aussie who found some individuals who could retrieve his daughter out of Thailand for him, without official assistance / help. They may offer other services in other countries of the world dealing with people of Thaksin's color.

Edited by slapout

Here he is juntajohn! Yes I said proxy party. I keep telling you I am not a red shirt or a fan of Thaksin at all. You keep ignoring that though.

His rank should of been stripped years ago and unceremoniously like the procedure that it is. This government are making a big song and dance about it, they are terrified of him and it is hilarious to watch.

Do you think people that are against this junta want some sort of Pol Pot, Khmer Rogue style 'revolution'? Are you really that deluded? Do you think this junta will can stay in forever while they themselves continue to divide and plunder the country?

Indeed the rank should have been stripped at the time of conviction, seeing as how he chose not to appeal the verdict.

But really, this or any other government needs to grow some and file extradition charges. He has an outstanding conviction, faces jumping bail, and some very serious outstanding court cases. Some co-defendants just got 18 years and 10 years in one case where he's named as number 1 defendant.

Whilst they dilly dally he simply plays his game, picks and pokes them and they look foolish and weak in how they respond.

He must have one hell of a little black book to be such a thorn in the side and not deal with. The RTP were never going to do anything about extradition or anything else he might not like without severe pressure. If a military junta with self awarded complete control and draconian powers can't or won't make it happen then something must be preventing them. I'm sure it's not his winning smile, generosity, humility and pleasant nature!

If the man were dead he would still be getting the blame do something is he current self elected PM scared of the guy I would be more worried about another coup to get him out of power if I were him Thaskin is yesterday's news but the elitists keep bringing up his name for one reason or another !!! At least when he was in power it was a democratic elected government and that says a lot for the present situation !!

Indeed the rank should have been stripped at the time of conviction, seeing as how he chose not to appeal the verdict.

But really, this or any other government needs to grow some and file extradition charges. He has an outstanding conviction, faces jumping bail, and some very serious outstanding court cases. Some co-defendants just got 18 years and 10 years in one case where he's named as number 1 defendant.

Whilst they dilly dally he simply plays his game, picks and pokes them and they look foolish and weak in how they respond.

He must have one hell of a little black book to be such a thorn in the side and not deal with. The RTP were never going to do anything about extradition or anything else he might not like without severe pressure. If a military junta with self awarded complete control and draconian powers can't or won't make it happen then something must be preventing them. I'm sure it's not his winning smile, generosity, humility and pleasant nature!

I suspect that if Thaksin actually returned here to Thailand of his own volition, bearing in mind he is completely innocent of any wrongdoing rolleyes.gif (or so he continually claims), he would be greeted by tens of thousands of his supporters at whichever airport he showed up at, and I do not believe he would keep that a secret. This would cause the government massive problems.

It must be generally acceptable that the powers that be prefer him in his middle east home rather than in Bangkok.

Hey Thailand! Wake up!! Try to keep your eye on the ball, you have a lot more to worry about than whether you strip a criminal of his police rank!

Just do it and get it over with; then, maybe you can do some real work.

No. Stripping Thaksin of his rank and cleaning out the police force is real work. Top down.

They can't extradite him easily. His defence will be that the charges are political, and thus most developed countries won't extradite him.

Is Kasit still trying to find the number for Interpol?

Aaand Thaksin is in the headlines yet again. Good job, General.

I guess you would also complain if the rank was just stripped without anyone being told.

Maybe the PM should have stated that the rank of a former police officer turned criminal fugitive was stripped of the perpetrator as law dictates.

Aaand Thaksin is in the headlines yet again. Good job, General.

I guess you would also complain if the rank was just stripped without anyone being told.

Mmmnot really. I couldn't really care less what they do/did with his rank. It is of no consequence whatsoever to my life.

Gods teeth man listen to yourself, your like a child.

You like a few others here and Prayuth are obsessed with the man.... and i hate to break it to you but hes actually been gone a decade next year. Lets say that again because its funny and also very very sad. Its been nearly a decade of paranoia propaganda and only Thailand on the entire planet worries about an exile to the point of the current PM mentioning him every week... its ridiculous and shows how much of a mess the place is in.

Thaksin news is nothing more than a Media hype distraction, his police rank is irrelevant other than to keep him in the news so idiots like you can pretend and think its important... its not.

What is important is who is running the country right now into the 15th century and using any distraction from the most repressive constitution they have ever had about to be rolled in the back door while everyone is napping.

Ive no idea btw about your communist and nazi mix there either since the two are diametrically opposed its rather ridiculous gigglem.gif

No one gives a crud about a pathetic police rank,NO ONE the only reason to drag it all into the news is for publicity and its not Thaksin doing it but the Junta. Theres propaganda right there and its not even any good, actually its laughable given a 9 year absence and hes still being given headlines, too funny.

Now you have to ask yourself with the general banging on about the public not mentioning the guy or the press and yet hes at it every week giving opinion and press chats all about it. Who exactly is engineering the headlines here Thaksin or Prayuth and to and for whos benefit exactly ?

This is a classic misdirection, something to keep the peoples eyes off what they should be looking at...

A terrible and very oppressive constitution that is written to keep the military in total control over any elected government.. It also shows how scared and insecure the Junta feels having to wheel out the boogyman routine all the time.

This topic isnt about Thaksin its about misdirection and distraction the Juntas obsession with a police rank of an exiled PM being so important and constantly in the news when the country has a lot more pressing issues on so many levels.

Not in the least is its about to take away more freedoms than people gained in the past 30 years. But hey who cares right ? whistling.gif

It is like they have got nothing else better to do. Obsessing over Thaksin is a nice distraction from "running the country". What does stripping him of rank do anyway ? He is barred from the officer's club ?

Actually dealing with Thaksin's remaining hold over state institutions is one of the best things they can do. Stripping him of his rank exposes those reporting to Thaksin de facto of more of the same.

Gods teeth man listen to yourself, your like a child.

You like a few others here and Prayuth are obsessed with the man.... and i hate to break it to you but hes actually been gone a decade next year. Lets say that again because its funny and also very very sad. Its been nearly a decade of paranoia propaganda and only Thailand on the entire planet worries about an exile to the point of the current PM mentioning him every week... its ridiculous and shows how much of a mess the place is in.

Thaksin news is nothing more than a Media hype distraction, his police rank is irrelevant other than to keep him in the news so idiots like you can pretend and think its important... its not.

What is important is who is running the country right now into the 15th century and using any distraction from the most repressive constitution they have ever had about to be rolled in the back door while everyone is napping.

Ive no idea btw about your communist and nazi mix there either since the two are diametrically opposed its rather ridiculous gigglem.gif

No one gives a crud about a pathetic police rank,NO ONE the only reason to drag it all into the news is for publicity and its not Thaksin doing it but the Junta. Theres propaganda right there and its not even any good, actually its laughable given a 9 year absence and hes still being given headlines, too funny.

Now you have to ask yourself with the general banging on about the public not mentioning the guy or the press and yet hes at it every week giving opinion and press chats all about it. Who exactly is engineering the headlines here Thaksin or Prayuth and to and for whos benefit exactly ?

This is a classic misdirection, something to keep the peoples eyes off what they should be looking at...

A terrible and very oppressive constitution that is written to keep the military in total control over any elected government.. It also shows how scared and insecure the Junta feels having to wheel out the boogyman routine all the time.

This topic isnt about Thaksin its about misdirection and distraction the Juntas obsession with a police rank of an exiled PM being so important and constantly in the news when the country has a lot more pressing issues on so many levels.

Not in the least is its about to take away more freedoms than people gained in the past 30 years. But hey who cares right ? whistling.gif

The petulant children are those who are desperate to provide Thaksin with continuing cover for his very real continued influence over state institutions. More of the same 'its not about Thaksin' malarkey. Considering the symbolic issue at hand, namely Thaksin's police rank, our thinly disguised red cheerleaders are almost frantic in their desire to get us off the subject. Misdirection and distraction indeed but failing rather miserably.

It is like they have got nothing else better to do. Obsessing over Thaksin is a nice distraction from "running the country". What does stripping him of rank do anyway ? He is barred from the officer's club ?

Actually dealing with Thaksin's remaining hold over state institutions is one of the best things they can do. Stripping him of his rank exposes those reporting to Thaksin de facto of more of the same.

Why didn't they do it 8 or 10 years ago ? Those who report to him do so because he wields influence in and out of Thailand as well as huge sums of money.. His Lt. Colonel rank borders are meaningless. This Thaksin obsession is just the Junta's way of distracting the populous from their short comings .

Edited by yellowboat