Where can I leave my baggage for a month in Bangkok?

Maramook

I've stored bags at guesthouses on Soi Rambutrie.. near Khao San Rd.. for 10 Bt a day... a few years ago.. but I don't think it would be much more now... Rambutrie Inn has secure storage.. try the,.. just make a booking for your return.. worth a try... http://www.khaosan-hotels.com/

Yup Khaosan road and Soi Rambutie there are many places that offer long term storage - Most are 20 Baht/day Not sure of the Village in rate - 12 months ago it was this same price and yes there are a number that will quote less, but I would not be too convinced you would get all your goods back or in the same state. Just walk the area and see what is on offer.

cool you can visit bkk and then say visit the surrounding areas for a few days with just a change of clothing in a small backpack for example.

Seeing those silly backpackers and their huge bags. Just that day i was sitting in a van headed to ayththhya in the back row. At the 2 sides of the van were a german couple with their huge backpacks on their laps. After a few hours ride on the van the german woman sitting next to me was squiriming as i am sure the weight of the backpack was causing pins and needles in her thighs. Meanwhile i just brought along my pouch as i was returning to bkk at night.

Can you imagine lugging along all your luggage and then travelling on train or on the van with them to visit these places.

I've used Bangkok storage when I was in Saudi. Stored a whole house full of furniture and a motorcycle. Nice guy from England runs it. http://www.bangkokselfstorage.com/

The other place I know of is Bangkok scooter. He has a room in his shop house that he was trying to use as storage rental space. Nice guy from the USA.

http://www.bangkokscooterrental.com/directions

I didn't have a problem leaving my suitcase for a week at different hotels around Thailand. They never charged me. Helps to build rapport with staff.

If they say no, say you are coming back and pay in advanced on return arrival.

If the people that say they might steal... I never travel without locks on my bags no matter what country I visit!

No need for locks when you have nothing important inside.Only a fool would leave valuables in a storage room.

cool you can visit bkk and then say visit the surrounding areas for a few days with just a change of clothing in a small backpack for example.

Seeing those silly backpackers and their huge bags. Just that day i was sitting in a van headed to ayththhya in the back row. At the 2 sides of the van were a german couple with their huge backpacks on their laps. After a few hours ride on the van the german woman sitting next to me was squiriming as i am sure the weight of the backpack was causing pins and needles in her thighs. Meanwhile i just brought along my pouch as i was returning to bkk at night.

Can you imagine lugging along all your luggage and then travelling on train or on the van with them to visit these places.

Well yes,i can imagine it,because i have done it.Backpackers are travelling the world,not daytrippers like you.It would be silly to be travelling Bangkok to Beijing and going back to Bangkok every night for a change of undies.I am a freeballer,so don't have that problem.

You understand this isn't a smart move, in the current circumstances, yes?

"I have a big bag and I want to leave it somewhere. Where do you suggest?"

Not smart.

good god you sound like a old fart g mother with way to much time on your hands , answer the question or do not post ,

Just like you did, you mean?

• 4 weeks later...

10 baht per day storage at Sitdhi Guest House Khaosan Road area, 2 Rambutri Soi, Chaofa Rd., Chanasongkram, Phanakorn, Bangkok 10200 +66 (0) 2282-3090

I'd rate them 4.6 out of 5 stars.

Have you tried? Nothing stolen?

why 4.6, not 5?

4.6 because someone put their things on upper shelf, and something leaked out of their bag down into mine. I returned early enough to get my stuff and dry out to minimize damage. I've used them for 3 months with several bags stored there. I now place my things on top so nothing from someone else will leak down into mine.

• 4 weeks later...