Urban Wildlife Thai Style!

SWINDON MASSIF

I have only just come very close to running over a 5 Ft' Boa constrictor which was crossing my street!!! He stretched from one side of the road to the other and was in no hurry either, and so I got to have a good butchers at him as he crossed right in front of my car. I may ensure that my wife's irritating Pug sleeps outside tonight.

I have only just come very close to running over a 5 Ft' Boa constrictor which was crossing my street!!! He stretched from one side of the road to the other and was in no hurry either, and so I got to have a good butchers at him as he crossed right in front of my car. I may ensure that my wife's irritating Pug sleeps outside tonight.
5ft was just a baby :D very narrow streets where you live, but at 5 ft was just the right size for the barbie :o Nignoy

At least you didn't sit waiting for the bloody thing to move for 20 minutes. I once got caught behind three cars as I was driving through a golf course, we sat and sat and sat. In the end my friend who speaks Thai got out and asked what the problem was. A large snake of some sort (pretty fat and about 2 metres long) was laying across the road, nobody was prepared to run it over - quite rightly I think, anyway, the snake moved on and still we sat there. Another question was asked and the answer was that no body wanted to be the first to drive over the spot where the snake had been because it was bad luck or something :o . I pulled round the parked cars and drove away. I am a hero and nothing unusually bad has happened. Yet.

At least you didn't sit waiting for the bloody thing to move for 20 minutes. I once got caught behind three cars as I was driving through a golf course, we sat and sat and sat. In the end my friend who speaks Thai got out and asked what the problem was. A large snake of some sort (pretty fat and about 2 metres long) was laying across the road, nobody was prepared to run it over - quite rightly I think, anyway, the snake moved on and still we sat there. Another question was asked and the answer was that no body wanted to be the first to drive over the spot where the snake had been because it was bad luck or something :o . I pulled round the parked cars and drove away. I am a hero and nothing unusually bad has happened. Yet.

just u wait! hehe :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday night, my second at my temp apartment, I came down the stairs at Saphon Thaksin, turned the wrong way toward the river. Instead of climbing the stairs again I walked down the (dark) sidewalk toward the street and encountered a small cobra. All right, I only spotted the viper-shaped head and didn't stay to do a forensic exam, but it was definitely a viper-based lifeform.

Welcome to Bangkok!