Lanna Expo 2015 - definitely worth a visit

jko

Spent a very pleasant day there yesterday at the Convention Centre on the Canal Road. Ends on 13 September.

It features a huge and impressive variety of all things Lanna, where you can spend many interesting hours browsing. Lots to buy. Pleasant ambiance. Very polite officials and staff. A lovely experience all round. Recommended if you enjoy this kind of event.

Surprisingly, very few farangs present. Great pity it is not promoted overseas. I could not even find an English language web site.

The Convention Centre itself is a splendid architectural achievement, and worth experiencing - just a pity there are not more examples of this in our concrete-concentrated city.

Place this aesthetic gem alongside horrendous structures like Central Festival, and you really do have an example of Beauty and the Beast.

Enjoy Lanna!

We were there yesterday too, okay to get something to eat and watch some thai dances etc.

Not surprised only to see a few foreigners there since all the Lanna Expo posters and signs are only in thai as far as I have seen ... Too bad they dont have a shuttle going from around Night Market to Convention Center - I bet lots of tourists would come see it

We were there yesterday too, okay to get something to eat and watch some thai dances etc.

Not surprised only to see a few foreigners there since all the Lanna Expo posters and signs are only in thai as far as I have seen ... Too bad they dont have a shuttle going from around Night Market to Convention Center - I bet lots of tourists would come see it

Perhaps the organizers aren't interested in tourists attending.

They do have free shuttles running to and from - Lotus Hagdong, Lotus Kamthieng, and Wororot Market, and they don't have to wait until the vehicle is full so there is no waiting around!

The sign on the side of the Songhtau is in Thai though, of course.

I took a Shuttle from the Expo and was dropped off at the address of my choice. A very good service.

The Expo was very worthwhile and quite uncrowded on a week day. There was 20% Sale on alot of goods.

They do have free shuttles running to and from - Lotus Hagdong, Lotus Kamthieng, and Wororot Market, and they don't have to wait until the vehicle is full so there is no waiting around!

The sign on the side of the Songhtau is in Thai though, of course.

I took a Shuttle from the Expo and was dropped off at the address of my choice. A very good service.

The Expo was very worthwhile and quite uncrowded on a week day. There was 20% Sale on alot of goods.

The wife usually does better than 20% discount any day of the week.

The last Lanna Expo (about two months ago) was terrible! Hope this is better.

Thanks.

Agreed, it was so bad last year, everyone I went with said, never again. I wonder if someone out there who has gone this time can make a comparison.

I just got back from the Lanna Expo. The convention center is huge. It must cover a couple football fields> It is interesting from a design stand point. There were a huge number of exhibits covering a vast assortment of goods and services. There are concerts, dancers and lots of music. There is an incredible selection of food to view and sample. Its a great way to spend a couple hours.