Buying legal size (8.5"x11") paper in Pattaya / Naklua

1BADDAT

I am refinancing my house and will need to sign documents at the US embassy. They said I can not use A4 size paper to sign on. Anyone know where I can find legal size paper or a place they will print legal size documents. If I get the correct paper I can just print it at work on Monday.

There is a shop on Pattaya Klang.

Don't know name , but in between Big-C and sukumvit

on the left side heading to sukumvit.

Its a stationary shop , its on a corner of a soi , left side of the soi, so you will find it.

You should find what you want in there.

Or Office deport on sukumvit, next to home works, buy Big-C possible

but I would try pattaya Klang first.

Popular question.

A couple of threads (where in Chiang Mai, Bangkok etc.).

I didn't see a convincing answer.

I found it in the online shop of Office depot, but doubt they have it in every shop.

Strange that they insist on this format.

Many posters stated that their tax documents etc. had been accepted in A4.

BTW: you write 8.5"x11" which by norm is called "letter format".

To find "legal" (8.5x14) would be an outright nightmare.

Cutting down from A3 would be the last resort.

Find a print shop nearby with a cutter and let them produce it from A3 which can easily be found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

In the US and Canada legal size is 8 1/2" x 14" LINK

8 1/2 x 11 is letter size.

I know of no such designation in other countries but then I learn something every day, LOL.

Cheers.

I have been working in a US company in Germany and learnt it the hard way.

Always trouble printing documents from "overseas" rolleyes.gif

They are different whistling.gif

Its a stationary shop , its on a corner of a soi , left side of the soi, so you will find it.

Is it this shop?:

https://goo.gl/maps/7xCdf

Is it this shop?:

the shop in the google map is across from food land. They didn't have it. Neither did the shop the other poster above recommended. Here is a pic of that shop.

post-155719-14414364369152_thumb.jpg

Office Mate by the Big C on Sukhumvit maybe. It is on their website but no idea if the Pattaya store has it in stock.

The link below is to the letter size paper and if you go to the "store location" tab it has a map link. The store locator is almost all Thai but just look for the 20150 zip code.

http://www.officemate.co.th/Product/5000131/

Really? They've notarized my financial statement many times over the years. All on A4 paper.

Yes, I printed my last passport renewal application and all my annual financial affidavits on A4 and all were accepted without question by the US Embassy consular services.

No mention of paper size that I can see in their requirements:

For us to notarize your documents, you must:

• Have government-issued photo ID;
  • Understand your document. We are not allowed to explain the contents to you;
  • Complete the document with the appropriate names, places, and dates before you arrive (but don't sign it; you'll sign it at the Embassy in front of a Consul);
  • Pay the appropriate fee (see below). We accept cash payments in U.S. dollars or Thai baht or credit cards. We do not accept checks.
  • If your document requires the presence of witnesses in addition to the notarization, you must supply these witnesses. Our staff cannot act as witnesses.
  • We can only provide notary services for American citizens, legal permanent residents, their spouses and dependents, or when the documents to be notarized will be used in the United States. We are usually unable to notarize documents brought in by foreign nationals to be used outside of the U.S.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html

Is it this shop?:

the shop in the google map is across from food land. They didn't have it. Neither did the shop the other poster above recommended. Here is a pic of that shop.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1441436433.605601.jpg

correction. This shop did end up having a size almost the same size as letter size. post-155719-14416894227308_thumb.jpgthe shop name is silos an and is on the corner of the alley. They have a front and side entrance.

Here is the paper I got.

post-155719-14416895543938_thumb.jpg

Why on earth would the US Embassy require documents to be submitted outside of the US on a paper size that is only used in the US?

Defies logic. What are you supposed to do, get it shipped from the US? It is even sized in Inches. The US is the only country in the world that still uses inches.

Why on earth would the US Embassy require documents to be submitted outside of the US on a paper size that is only used in the US?

Defies logic. What are you supposed to do, get it shipped from the US? It is even sized in Inches. The US is the only country in the world that still uses inches.

The U.S. Embassy doesn't require anything, they just act as a notary service which by the way charges $50 USD per page. My mortgage company is the one who required it to be on 8.5x11 paper.

Office Depot by Homeworks.

Tried there..they don't have it
Sure? I am standing here looking at it. Size F14 meets the definition of legal size. It's on the far back wall. 155 baht for a ream.
. Yes I'm sure. I made a typo in the title of the thread. I am looking for 8.5"x11" paper which is US letter size. And as already stated in previous post I found Silpaban in Pattaya had something similar enough to work.

Sure? I am standing here looking at it. Size F14 meets the definition of legal size. It's on the far back wall. 155 baht for a ream.
. Yes I'm sure. I made a typo in the title of the thread. I am looking for 8.5"x11" paper which is US letter size. And as already stated in previous post I found Silpaban in Pattaya had something similar enough to work.
8-1/2x11 is standard size copy size paper (A4) and available everywhere. I am looking at 3 rows of what you call legal size, they even have assorted colours.

8-1/2x11 is standard size copy size paper (A4) and available everywhere. I am looking at 3 rows of what you call legal size, they even have assorted colours.
Look guy..you are absolutely wrong. A4 is not the same as letter size (8.5"X11"). I have reams and reams of A4 size paper right here at work. That is what I printed my original documents on as a back up.

Not sure why you are spending so much effort to try and prove me wrong....

Look guy..you are absolutely wrong. A4 is not the same as letter size (8.5"X11"). I have reams and reams of A4 size paper right here at work. That is what I printed my original documents on as a back up.

Not sure why you are spending so much effort to try and prove me wrong....

You are right, I am wrong. My confusion when you first posted "legal size" paper. Just so people know, OfficeMate does stock "legal size" paper in small quantities.

Archived