Mayweather fight Sunday

HLover

The problem with these Mayweather fights is that the purse is tied to the number of rounds fought.

The fewer the rounds, the less the pay-out (advertising, sponsors etc).

Hence no incentive to go for a knock out.

Do you have a link or did you make this up?

No, Skyboogie, I am not in the habit of making things up. You obviously do not read up on the intricacies of big-money fights.

Many links are available - here's one from the Bleacher Report (a well-respected sports organ) : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2439650-mayweather-vs-pacquiao-purse-known-prize-money-payout-distribution

Relevant section states:

.... here's what Mayweather and Pacquiao earned with the passing of all 12 rounds (Per Round Payouts based on $180M/$120M split):

post-100612-0-75931800-1441723666_thumb.

UNQUOTE

Quod erat demonstrandum

Tx22, I dont think this is any great scandal. Who wants to pay 1,000s of $ to see a fight end in a first round knockout?

If anything it makes the fight more interesting as the boxers must weigh tactics against money and then against winning.

The different payouts on rounds works in favour of Mayweather, IF he is confident he's scored enough rounds and does enough running to avoid getting hit.

In the case of Berto i think he wants the win first, and when he gets frustrated/angry he is way dangerous and his fitness/muscle tone is way ahead of mayweather.

does anybody know the betting odds?

Berto will be the underdog, i think its worth a punt

After the last mayweather fight

I would rather watch paint dry

It would be more interesting

If it's not mixed martial arts, it ain't worth watching. Boxing? That whole business is a racket, imho. coffee1.gif zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tx22, I dont think this is any great scandal. Who wants to pay 1,000s of $ to see a fight end in a first round knockout?

If anything it makes the fight more interesting as the boxers must weigh tactics against money and then against winning.

The different payouts on rounds works in favour of Mayweather, IF he is confident he's scored enough rounds and does enough running to avoid getting hit.

In the case of Berto i think he wants the win first, and when he gets frustrated/angry he is way dangerous and his fitness/muscle tone is way ahead of mayweather.

Berto has no chance of beating Mayweather

Mayweather picks his opponents very carefully

Even more so as he is getting near the end of his career

After the last mayweather fight

I would rather watch paint dry

It would be more interesting

If it's not mixed martial arts, it ain't worth watching. Boxing? That whole business is a racket, imho. coffee1.gif zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Agreed. But it's a free fight and something to do with a group on a Sunday morning.

Anyone know if the fight is being shown live in Thailand and if so,what channel

The Sportsman is advertising it on their website..from 7am Sunday.

Cant remember the soi, but near Nana BTS opposite Chuwit gardens.

I prefer the Kiwi bar but no mention as yet on their website about this fight and the operating hours are from 9am

Berto has no chance of beating Mayweather

Mayweather picks his opponents very carefully

Even more so as he is getting near the end of his career

Well everyone knows it will be a tough ask, but to say he has no chance is a little unfair.

The few times Mayweathers been really tagged by a power puncher hes struggled but just survived and sometimes had help from judges. (Maidana..ortiz was a shameful display, and even pacman hardly done by IMO)

Berto can keep taking punches till the cows come home. Hes good good foot work and i believe he can get inside and rumble Mayweather where others couldnt. Manny was never gonna be able to due to size/reach.

believe me, Berto has a huge right, and if he tags him with a clean one Mayweather will be reeling.

at 14/1 i reckon Bertos worth a lazy 1000

I prefer the Kiwi bar but no mention as yet on their website about this fight and the operating hours are from 9am

Anymore info if the fight is being televised in Thailand

Thanks

Boxing is rigged !!

Manny won that last fight fair & square .... will not waste my time to watch a rigged circus show ...gigglem.gif

Berto must know they wont give him the decision if its close and goes the distance.

The best thing he can hope for in that case is a draw, which is why i figure he will go for all out war, without worry of self preservation.

Berto has been known to go down for the count from huge shots in the first and second, with even the announcers saying its all over, he cant recover.ect..then stay in the game for 12.

He's used to taking bombshells from the likes of Ortiz and Lopez and walk through em.

Floyds jab is quick yeah but he cant punch like that and no combos, hes just lazy.

Endurance man, thats why im betting half my purse on draw and half on Berto win by knockout.

Anymore info if the fight is being televised in Thailand

Thanks

Anyone

Boxing is rigged !!

Manny won that last fight fair & square .... will not waste my time to watch a rigged circus show ...gigglem.gif

Berto must know they wont give him the decision if its close and goes the distance.

The best thing he can hope for in that case is a draw, which is why i figure he will go for all out war, without worry of self preservation.

Berto has been known to go down for the count from huge shots in the first and second, with even the announcers saying its all over, he cant recover.ect..then stay in the game for 12.

He's used to taking bombshells from the likes of Ortiz and Lopez and walk through em.

Floyds jab is quick yeah but he cant punch like that and no combos, hes just lazy.

Endurance man, thats why im betting half my purse on draw and half on Berto win by knockout.

i am glad i didnt have to pay to watch that,different class.one judge got it right 120-108.

who the hell has berto been fighting to knock out 23 from 27wins.

Anyone see the groves fight, i know he lost but how did he do ?

rijit

Yes i saw the groves fight,he thought he won the fight and stormed off before the interviews.

I did not think he won the fight,Jack the ripper won it for meT

Archived