Austrian man found hanged in bathroom in Surin province

webfact

Austrian Kurt Schaumberger Found Hanged in Bathroom in Surin Province

SURIN – Pol Capt Thanakorn Puangchampa a duty officer at Thungmon police station in Prasat district in Surin has reported that 52-year-old Austrian Kurt Schaumberger was found hanged at his house in Surin’s Prasat district on Thursday.

Kurt Schaumberger, an Austrian national, was found hanging by a nylon rope in the bathroom of his house in tambon Prathadbu, Pol Capt Thanakorn Puangchampa, told the Bangkok Post Reporter.

Police investigators said there were no traces of a struggle in the bathroom, but some household items had been thrown on the floor in other rooms.

Doctors believed he had died at least two hours before his death was reported.

His wife Phuay Ninhud, 43, told police they had been together for three years. She did not know what work he did, only that he had received monthly transfers of several tens of thousands of baht from his home country.

He told her it was welfare money.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/austrian-kurt-schaumberger-found-hung-in-bathroom-in-surin-province.html

-- CHIANGRAI TIMES 2015-09-11

It s strange that so many European men suicide in LOS even though they have a generous welfare income topping up their ATM every month.

Maybe he thought he was about to get cut off. Austria may have thousands of Syrians to take care of soon so maybe Austria is doing some trimming.

Single males in their fifties are the most vulnerable. (wife doesnt count)

Normally the police here determine the cause the death by counting beer bottles or from a cursory examination of the contents of an ashtray. Perhaps there were no bottles or ashtrays so they reverted to the "signs of a struggle" method to come to their conclusion.

It would be interesting to know the movements of funds out of Mr Schaumberger's bank account both in recent days and in the coming few weeks.

His wife of 3 years didnt know what work he did !

Wow what a relationship

She did not know what work he did, only that he had received monthly transfers of several tens of thousands of baht from his home country

Probably wasn't interested as long as the cash flowed in.

RIP to the deceased.

BUT, having spent a lot of time in Prasat...... It is boring.

If not boring me to tears there's a wedding or funeral w/ 20 foot tall loudspeakers.

Chickens crowing all day & night.

Super nice people there. I wish I could drive a tractor to earn a living like my brother-in-law does, but no way for a farang to do that. That way I wouldn't be bored & could sleep through the noise.

A trip to Pattaya is much easier (and far more preferable) than a trip to the end of a rope.

I took a look at his fb site.

He had 12 friends, posted pics from the sea and islands, his last posting was about "Austria's government takes care about migrants, but not Austrians" and there was only his brother(?), who sometimes (and especially the last few days) was asking for his situation.

In the details about himself, he filled in: favorite quote: drinking, about me: drinking.

I did not know him, but if one of my fb friends has a site like that, i would know, what to do, especially, if this one stays in Thailand.

It is sad, that noone saw the signs.

Very sad.

His wife of 3 years didnt know what work he did !

Wow what a relationship

Read it again....it seems he didn't work anything.....in Austria you don't need to work....actually you are an idiot if you work, you are better of living from the social welfare....

RiP the report says he received no money for 6 months and had house construction debts so, probably, this was the reason and he had his welfare cut off? we don't know but maybe his welfare was cut for good and he could see no way out

shame a life lost like this

It s strange that so many European men suicide in LOS even though they have a generous welfare income topping up their ATM every month.

Maybe he thought he was about to get cut off. Austria may have thousands of Syrians to take care of soon so maybe Austria is doing some trimming.

Do you have any evidence for your assertion the Austrian govt will cut back on benefits because of the refugees?

Or just more irrational fear-based hyperbole?

I am puzzled why foreigners choose flock to Thailand, when clearly the country doesn't tolerate them that well, especially when the money runs out.

Could you tell me a country that would be thrilled to have me if I had no money? laugh.pngtongue.pngsmile.png

The UK provided your not British and claim to be a refugee

I am puzzled why foreigners choose flock to Thailand, when clearly the country doesn't tolerate them that well, especially when the money runs out.

Could you tell me a country that would be thrilled to have me if I had no money? laugh.pngtongue.pngsmile.png

The UK provided your not British and claim to be a refugee

Austria as well, but only if he is Muslim....

Do you have any evidence for your assertion the Austrian govt will cut back on benefits because of the refugees?

Before Austria is trimming the welfare they increase the tax for the working minority to 110 %

Before Austria is trimming the welfare they increase the tax for the working minority to 110 %

Well yes someone has to pay for all this

So he had lots of debt to a Thai builder that he couldn't pay... What could possibly go wrong?

This case certainly warrants an investigation, but in all my years of visiting Thailand and hearing and reading about such incidents, I have rarely if ever seen a conclusive follow up. Assuming the debts were real, a lesson here should be to not spend past your means. Sure building a custom house sounds like a great idea. Sure the Thai wifey or Girl friend think it is a great endeavor and it gives you something to do. But you better damn well plan better financially. Investing in Thailand is very risky and one really needs to think twice, three, four and then a few more times before putting things at stake here. Even if the people you know and deal with are honest and forthcoming, it is very easy for the bad guys to put a gun to her Mom's head, or her head, or otherwise threaten them into doing bad things, and the falang is usually the ultimate target. Rent, don't buy.