Thailand - Cambodia on Thai-Reg. Scooter

Volkv

Hey guys! Sorry if I duplicated some existed thread, but I didnt find any actual information about Thai-Cambo border crossing with motorbike.

We got Thai-registred and owned scooter Honda Click and would like to cross Cambodian border with it. Someone who got recent experience or knows something please share it with us! We just dont want to get turned back on border like we had on Laos – Cambodia border 3 weeks ago….

Thanks in advance! Any information is much appreciated.

I have ridden into Cambodia with my Thai registered bike. I used Chon Chom/ O"smach border. No problem as long as you have the registration book with you and it's in your name. Plus you must ensure your headlight isn't on during daylight hours as it's illegal there (Cambodia) and tape/card is used to remedy this by some riders.

Edited by DILLIGAD

A few years back I rode a 2006 Suzuki Katana 125, Pattaya to Snook to PP no prob.

A good inexpensive ride.

I figured if it got fingered or whatever, well, better than my good bike.

Circled back thru SR thence BKK

Sold it for what I paid.

15K.

A very well styled bike as per usual with Suzi.

Edited by papa al

I have ridden into Cambodia with my Thai registered bike. I used Chon Chom/ O"smach border. No problem as long as you have the registration book with you and it's in your name. Plus you must ensure your headlight isn't on during daylight hours as it's illegal there (Cambodia) and tape/card is used to remedy this by some riders.

How ridiculous, why not just take the bulb out or remove the fuse?

Up to you, I'm just telling OP about requirements not how to tie his shoe laces up.

When in Cambodia I use the tape/cardboard method.

Bulb or fuse require disassembly with tools, and I'm too lazy to do this twice (morning and evening) daily.

Also the fuse controls lights other than the headlamp.

Maybe not good to disable turn signals.

But I'm too ridiculous to know for sure.