More Information About Airport Bus Routes

zink

From here: http://www.tourismthailand.org/about/about...px?ParentID=213

Price will be increased by 50% (suprise, suprise)

Routes will be:

AE1 Suvarnabhumi-Silom (by expressway)

AE2 Suvarnabhumi-Bang Lamphu (by expressway)

AE3 Suvarnabhumi-Sukhumwit 3 or North Nana

AE4 Suvarnabhumi-Hua Lamphong (by expressway)

Does that mean that AE3 won't use expressway and will instead go along Sukhumwit all the way? In that case 150B airport bus will probably be even slower option for reaching lower Sukhumwit than 35B public bus + 25B skytrain combination.

I see these airport buses to be mostly empty, maybe because they are too expensive. Took one once at DM, wait time was too long for what you save versus taxi. And with two passengers was not worth the expense.

I understand on Sukhumvit you can take thye skytrain to Onnut and take aircon 552 for 35 baht.

The strange thing is I onced took the airport bus to DM and paid only 50 baht.

About a week or so ago I saw list of bus routes in the BKK Post which included one route to the Central on Rama II rd.(which would be ideal for me), but can no longer see it mentioned anywhere.

Does somebody have any info about this?

opalhort

May have asked before and prob.should know but where the h... is Happyland...Soi Cowboy-Nana P-Pats place -Toys are us-Lucys Tiger Den.....??

Bus

- The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) operates 7 city bus routes to the airport. Maximum bus fare is 35 baht. :D

Bus no. 549 Bang Kapi - Minburi - Suvarnabhumi

Bus no. 550 Happyland - Suvarnabhumi :o

Bus no. 551 Victory Monument - Suvarnabhumi (via Pratunam)

Bus no. 554 Rangsit - Suvarnabhumi

Bus no. 552 Onnut Skytrain Station - Suvarnabhumi (connected with skytrain Onnut Skytrain Station)

Bus no. 553 Samut Prakan - Suvarnabhumi

Ad-hoc route Don Muang - Suvarnabhumi

- The transport co., ltd. provides air-conditioned bus (standard 1) to carry passengers between Suvarnabhumi Airport and some major attractions such as Pattaya, Talat Rong Kluea and Nong Khai.

- Airport bus express operates 4 bus routes to downtown.

The cost is 150 baht for entire route. :D

AE4 Suvarnabhumi-Hua Lamphong (by expressway :D

• 1 year later...
From here: http://www.tourismthailand.org/about/about...px?ParentID=213

Price will be increased by 50% (suprise, suprise)

Routes will be:

AE4 Suvarnabhumi-Hua Lamphong (by expressway)

Does that mean that AE3 won't use expressway and will instead go along Sukhumwit all the way? In that case 150B airport bus will probably be even slower option for reaching lower Sukhumwit than 35B public bus + 25B skytrain combination.

Since this bus is already 150 baht (btw 100 baht to the airport) and it's increasing by 50%, does that mean it's now going to be 225 baht?????????

150 baht is to any destination - Banglampoo is quite far and the taxi would be at least 400 baht.

those buses are mainly for tourists who don't know better - the same destinations can be reached by BMTA buses or their combination for some 35+ baht.

this 50% price increase was in comparison to fares to Don Muang (the OP posted this info over a year ago)

Edited by londonthai

150 baht is to any destination - Banglampoo is quite far and the taxi would be at least 400 baht.

those buses are mainly for tourists who don't know better - the same destinations can be reached by BMTA buses or their combination for some 35+ baht.

this 50% price increase was in comparison to fares to Don Muang (the OP posted this info over a year ago)

In my opinion when you arrive after a very long flight you need a little comfort by way of a reasonably priced taxi to your hotel door.

When you are leaving I suppose you could try a bus but again in my case when I decide its time to go to the airport to go home I just want to get it over with fast. Trying to haul your bags etc which by that time are probably heavier then when you arrived is sometimes too much bother, so again a txi is a neat way of doing it.

the thing is that from the airport (and often to) taxi drivers don't use meter for tourists - for example to Banglampoo they have a flat rate 800 baht. The airport workers by the shuttle buses or by the public buses do misinform travellers that there is no bus going that direction and diverting them to the taxi rank.