Internet At Samat, Roi Et

kowpot

Is anyone familiar with the internet system in Roi Et? I am interested in At Samat. Amphoe outside of Meang Roi Et. Does Roi Et even have any decent internet coverage?

Also, which service providers supply internet coverage to Roi et?

Any information would be appreciated.

3BB is about 620 baht a month for 10 down and 1 up service. That's the cheapest plan but good enough.

That, I believe, is in the city where they have cable (fibre-optic in many areas of the city now). However, once you get out of the city it is back to ADSL on the telephone lines. We are only just outside the city, 2km outside the ring road, and all we can get is ADSL on an old steel telephone line which is about 5 down and 0.5 up. There are fibre-optic cables along the main road but when I tried to get a connection I found it would cost me about 40,000 to pay for the cable from the nearest "box" to our house.

I suspect that At Samat will be much the same and it will depend upon how near to the main road the OP is or how much he is prepared to pay for a cable to be run to his house.

There is of course 3G now - spotty in some areas, but that could work but will depend heavily on location.

I had TOT WiNet, in a rural area, and when it worked, it was good, but it was down almost as much as it was up. Fortunately CAT brought fibre to my Village and it works great. 12 to 15 down and 1 to 3 up, very little down time, ฿2,500 hook up and ฿736 a month. Why my Village in the middle of nowhere got it, I have no idea, but am very happy.

I use AIS 1-2-call 3G aircard, I live south of Phanom Phrai not far from At Samat. The service is consistent and I have no trouble downloading videos. Streaming is another matter.

There is fibre running along most of the main roads around here now, you can tell it by the looped up cable every 200 or 300 mtrs ruuning parallel with the power cables.

To get it into the village they usually want 20 or so to sign up before they run the cable from the main road and install the distribution box. This happened in a village about 4kms from me recently.