Can't find any house for short time rent in chiang mai, help

popje

I've been looking everywhere on the internet, sent dozens of emails and I can't find anyone that rent houses for short time, they all ask for 12 months. I need one for 2-4 months. Do anyone know a website or estate company that rent houses for that amount of time ? I had absolutely no difficulty finding one where I was in koh samui, thought it would be the same in chiang mai.

If its any help, here are my requirements:

2 bedrooms

AC

8000-20000 baht/month

10+ mbps internet

maximum 15min ride from old city

Holiday rental market may be bigger in Samui,

So anyway, suggest to check the holiday rental sites: AirBnB, TripAdvisor, etc.

2-4 months might be a bit long actually for those, but worth a try.

Failing that, while a rental you see may have a 1 year minimum, sometimes people can be convinced by just offering a bit more money. Say they want 10,000 a month for a year. Offer 15,000 per month and see where that leads. Money talks.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If you're using AirBnB my advice from personal experience is to make sure to check reviews of the property and to be wary of any that don't have glowing recommendations. On my last experience with AirBnB the rental I booked wasn't--at least from my perspective nor my colleague's-- as advertised and I lost nearly 3K USD owing to their cancellation policy.

If you're using AirBnB my advice from personal experience is to make sure to check reviews of the property and to be wary of any that don't have glowing recommendations. On my last experience with AirBnB the rental I booked wasn't--at least from my perspective nor my colleague's-- as advertised and I lost nearly 3K USD owing to their cancellation policy.

Thanks, I will be cautious, thought I had found a few but they all are too far from the old city, I really want to be at least 15min away, I guess I'll start looking for condos or private rooms.

Newly full renovated one store house in Ban Karun 2, a quiet moo ban just few minutes from town, near San Khayom intersection before Sansai Noi Amphur. Covered car park. two bed rooms, two bath tube rooms, one en suite, water heaters, and large double dining-living room. Full newly furnished, three air con, HD satellite , LG 45" LCD TV HDMI, CD DVD player, Karaoke mixer amplifier. Western style kitchen with gas stove and oven, fridge with freezer, microwave, blender, hot water pot, rice cooker, full set of dishes, 4 sets of glasses, stainless cooking pots, all utensils and cutlery needed. Water tank with pump. In the moo ban there are shops 7/11 style, restaurants, hair dresser, laundries, thai massage, tailor, and also a pork butcher. Just in front a twice weekly wet market; at few minutes distance, small TESCO Lotus store, Bangkok Bank, a Pharmacy and everything for your convenience. In ten minutes can reach Promenada, Rimping, Lotus Meechock and Central Festival. GPS : 18.839852,99.047756

1 year 14.000 Baht/month
6 months 15.000 Baht/month

3 months 16.000 Baht/month

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estate/houses-to-rent/charming-house-for-long-short-time-rent-by-the-owner-281665.html