Leaving job, country, what do I have to do?

I have given notice to my employer and will be leaving the country next month. My work permit will still be active when I leave. Is there any reason I need to cancel my work permit before I leave? I've had people say that but it seems that when I exit the country that my employer will be responsible to close out the work permit.

Does anybody know what the rules are and the consequences to me if I simply left?

Thanks!

You have to submit your work permit to the issuer( ministry of labour) and if you had an extension of stay on a previous visa you have 7 days to leave the country. If you are on a Non B visa then that is still valid.

Edited by kingalfred

Thanks for the reply.

I will leave before the work permit is canceled. I won't be on any extension. What would be the consequences of just leaving? I am able to cross borders with a work permit so it seems like the only consequence would be my visa being canceled but of course that will not affect me.

Thanks!

There is no 7 days to leave unless you pay 1900 baht for the 7 days.

You can just leave unless you are leaving at certain border crossings. At those you will need a termination letter dated on or after the date you leave.

AH! This sounds promising. So I can just present that letter at the airport and I'm good? That would be great.

Thanks!

You can just leave unless you are leaving at certain border crossings. At those you will need a termination letter dated on or after the date you leave.

AH! This sounds promising. So I can just present that letter at the airport and I'm good? That would be great.

Thanks!

Think he said you only need a letter at border crossings mate Edited by Jay1

Thanks!

Think he said you only need a letter at border crossings mate

Ah! thanks for the clarification. Really appreciate this. Makes my life a lot easier.

• Like 1