Can You Cancel A Work Permit At Another Province's Labor Department?

lostinisaan

Hello,

Just trying to do a new employee at my school a favor. She worked in another province until one month ago, now came for an interview and got the position.

Sorry that I didn't post that in the work permit forum, I thought the teaching forum seems to be a much better place to ask for advice.

She was very lucky and could even keep her visa and work permit, but didn't do her tax clearance at her former workplace. Now the Immigration said that she'll have to cancel her work permit and will have to get her tax clearance.

Can you cancel a work permit issued by another province somewhere else? Any ideas would be deeply appreciated. Is there a form that would be accepted nationwide?

Immigration was asking for a letter from her former school. I only assume that it's a letter how much money she made in a certain period?

Can't go to the DoL, as they might decide that the visa will be nil. I thought it would be great to get all documents together and then push for it.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot for any useful input. wai2.gif

I suggest when she does get the letter from her old school, she tries to get the school to put the date of termination of employment within 7 days of canceling her visa. Otherwise she might be obliged to pay over stay. Once the visa is cancelled she will have 24 hours to leave the country or a 7 day extension can be bought for 1900 baht.

Edited by Puyai

You have to do it at the office it was issued, but you cna do it by mail. They have a form for it.

http://wp.doe.go.th/wp/index.php/2013-07-25-03-44-08/form-english

Immigration will want the letter from the former school to state the last day of employement, so they can determine if and how long she was on overstay.

I really doubt whether it can be done by mail. Over the last 5 years I cancelled my work permit in person twice. Do you have any information that supports your knowledge?

Bellow is the link to the cancellation form.

http://wp.doe.go.th/wp/images/form/form_Return.pdf

Edited by aidenai

You have to do it at the office it was issued, but you cna do it by mail. They have a form for it.

Immigration will want the letter from the former school to state the last day of employement, so they can determine if and how long she was on overstay.

I really doubt whether it can be done by mail. Over the last 5 years I cancelled my work permit in person twice. Do you have any information that supports your knowledge?

Thanks a lot and sorry for not getting back earlier.The whole situation is a little bit strange and it seems that she doesn't really seem to care.

Just found out that her visa wasn't cancelled ( almost one month) and the local Immigration was even so helpful to point out the change of address.

If the former school decides to fil in the real date, her last day of her tenure at this school, she might have bigger problems? Then her visa would be invalid immediately, the way I see it.

I've just done my best that she could do her TM 47 and the change of address within an blink of an eye. But that wouldn't matter anymore, right?

But if the former school decides to go by the real date, she seems to be really screwed, but in the end her own fault. Then overstay and leaving the country.......facepalm.gif .

Any suggestion(s)?

Would the letter from the school be enough that she can submit her tax declaration? It might sound weird, but she told me that she paid tax, but that was already four years ago

.And when I told her that she'll need this clearance for her new visa and work permit, she told me that she wouldn't care?

Once more thanks a lot for your great post. I need to stop helping her and let the school deal with it. Cheers- wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Not so long ago you were talking about how well you knew immigration and police and others.

Would it not be better to speak to one of your government official friends?

I've already done much more than I wanted to do and i do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. BTW, please read the post before, I did help her to get the TM 47 form done at another province's Immigration office and the new address problem sorted out.

Of course did they first tell her that she's to submit it to the other province's Immigration and she's already due the date.

But it's like a seven headed snake.

Cut one head off and two new ones show up. Time that the school's dealing with it. I did way too much already.

Thanks for your post. -wai2.gif

Thanks a lot. That's the critical point nobody really wants to face. Especially not the new employee.

But they didn't cancel her visa, so it's really up to under which circumstances she's left her former school. Would they date the cancellation one month later, they might have some problems, I guess.

Regards, wai2.gif

Good morning, dude.

Just thought about it and came to the conclusion that it might be the best when she's leaving the country to get a new visa in Laos.

I didn't think that it's so complicated.

I suggest when she does get the letter from her old school, she tries to get the school to put the date of termination of employment within 7 days of canceling her visa. Otherwise she might be obliged to pay over stay. Once the visa is cancelled she will have 24 hours to leave the country or a 7 day extension can be bought for 1900 baht.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Not so long ago you were talking about how well you knew immigration and police and others.

I've already done much more than I wanted to do and i do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. BTW, please read the post before, I did help her to get the TM 47 form done at another province's Immigration office and the new address problem sorted out.

Of course did they first tell her that she's to submit it to the other province's Immigration and she's already due the date.

Cut one head off and two new ones show up. Time that the school's dealing with it. I did way too much already.

You have missed my point. If you have contacts then surely that is where the correct answers will be. Many people on TV have experience of these matters but, as we all know, things differ from office to office.

Surely a phone call or a visit to one of your labour office/immigration/police buddies would have been the most direct path.

You have missed my point. If you have contacts then surely that is where the correct answers will be. Many people on TV have experience of these matters but, as we all know, things differ from office to office.

Surely a phone call or a visit to one of your labour office/immigration/police buddies would have been the most direct path.

Thanks, but the work permit cancellation has to be done. She didn't pay tax for the last three years and believes that it's not relevant.

I've already sorted out the Immigration issue, but the needed work permit cancellation would immediately leave her on an overstay.

( I don't think that her former school would do anything in her favor, like to write a false date on the document....)

The biggest problem might be that some people already did a lot of things, but she does not seem to get it. And those people are sick and tired of hearing the same old little girlie story over and over again, coming from a 46 year old...

Now, she wants to try it alone, doesn't even want me at the Immigration anymore.

I'm not joking, she took off today to have a chat with the Immigration and the lady from the Dol, she has never met. neither having a signed contract, nor the educational area xxx document in hands. But she really believes that Thai women love foreign women and help each other.

She even went to see the coordinator that she doesn't want to drive with me, because I'm married and when people see her in my car they might think...aeeh I don't know.

But she went to the coordinator yesterday and told her that she'd need a pair of scissors, coffee, creamer, sugar and a cup......coffee1.gif

I've done my part. Over and out. facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I wonder why someone would come on to Thai Visa to ask advice and then treat it with such disdain.

" You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

And if you've really invested a lot of effort and time, but you do not see any appreciation, you might think twice to continue helping the thirsty horse.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

If she left by air of the country she will not need a letter of termination.

Edited by Puyai