Storms and flooding hits Pattaya

webfact

Interesting. It's as if it doesn't flood in our western countries. I lived in a tourist beach resort city with a research University where tiny homes sell for $1 million and it flooded annually before the current 4 year drought. Yes, streets only meters away from the ocean with multi-million USD homes slowly getting closer to being in the ocean.

Not only flooding, but we often had days when beaches were prohibited due to high bacteria levels from our unclean runoffs.

Mother Nature continues to show her strength over our man made structures so we just do the best we can and like little ants rebuild again...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear no deaths reported after all this & it's a good thing they made the ferries stop running, otherwise I can see that drunk Skipper that ran aground on the beach a few weeks ago making it all the way to 2nd Road.
--------------------

I'd give it some serious thought if considering the purchase of a used vehicle in Thailand.

Hat Yai was under water for a while (when I first thought about used cars & how fast the owners would want to unload their ruined autos), then BKK was underwater & now all these pic's of flooded cars in Pattaya. Cannot be good for the electronics at all.

Edited by jaywalker

I do want to say it makes me feel sad for Thailand. i felt really bad seeing those pumps knowing that they had failed with their design

and had to do this.

I took those photos of the pumps knowing it would not be long before I would be showing them to somebody for just this reason.

Thailand has come so far, so fast, but has a lot of built in problems now.

I hope the young girl working in the flooded store is instructed on the dangers of electrocution. Especially in Thailand where proper grounding is not done.

store policy at a big corporate store like that should be "flip the main breakers with one inch of water and lock it up and leave."

but of course the ice cream might melt...

Edited by NCC1701A

• 2 weeks later...