Report on bus service, Chong Chom to SR

IsaanAndy

Arrived at CC border crossing 0630am, let through checkpoint a few minutes before 0700.

Parked car in Thai Army pound just on the right hand side behind where they search your bags coming from Cambo, fenced area with barbed wire. 100THB a day.

Crossed into Cambo and no one at visa issuing office, guy saw us asking the official at the next window and called someone on his phone, waited 15 minutes and person came to start the process and pay the 1300THB.

The company running the bus service is called Ammco, website; ammco.com

You present your ticket to them at the small desk which is immediately to the left as you walk into the tamac area after leaving the Thai Imm' office.

So leaving the Cambo visa issuing office you walk back towards the Thai Imm' office on the right hand side where you came into Cambo.

Bus pulled up on time, 0800. has about 30 seats but only 8 or 9 of us onboard, seats comfortable with a single row down the right hand side and a double row on the left.

Stopped for a comfort break and coffee, about 15 minutes along the way.

Pulled into SR at 1030am, good road with no potholes, only one we travelled on in Cambo that was without them.

The bus terminates (and picks up from) the City Angkor Hotel, Airport Road, Siem Reap. Ammco have discounted rates at this hotel, we were told.

Return journey was ontime and uneventful, 0600 start from SR and arrived at Osmach 0810, only 3 of us onboard so told the driver not to bother with a stop.

On the road in Thailand by 0830.

We booked our tickets through Saren Travel, Surin but the guy in SR told us they would be introducing online ticketing and payment at some point.

I was with andy on the trip website www.ammcobus.com and they have three places where you can buy tickets in surin they are all listed on the website; and a new bus time table, the time table i got from a mate of mine in buri ram was out of date before the bus started to operate on the 27 aug 2015.

Thanks Guys for this. We haven't been to Siem Reap yet, so it's a good idea for my next Border Run mini holiday.

How long would you recommend staying in SR ?

It's a great city with a good cosmopolitan vibe/bars/restaurants etc. Have a day visiting Ankor and maybe 2 wandering around town, I'd suggest. Edited by DILLIGAD

Thanks Guys for this. We haven't been to Siem Reap yet, so it's a good idea for my next Border Run mini holiday.

It's a great city with a good cosmopolitan vibe/bars/restaurants etc. Have a day visiting Ankor and maybe 2 wandering around town, I'd suggest.

Takes me 3 days and nights just on Pub St. burp.gif

It's a great city with a good cosmopolitan vibe/bars/restaurants etc. Have a day visiting Ankor and maybe 2 wandering around town, I'd suggest.

Takes me 3 days and nights just on Pub St. burp.gif

Tourist!

Sorry if I missed it. What is the cost for the bus?

What is the entrance fee for Angkor Wat?

Thanks,

Terry

The cost of the bus from CC to SR is 350THB one way, 700THB return.

No idea on the cost of going to Angkor Wat it all depends if you do it yourself or go on a 1, 2, 3 day tour when you get to SR there are tons of travel agents offering deals.

Look online if you want info up front ot go to the Cambodian Tourist site, tourismcambodia.com