"home Town"

Totster

Ok...lucky me, I've been invited to visit Mom in the home town, I'm gonna go but I don't want to offend anyone etc...

So any advice, do's and don'ts, or any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

Totster :o

We know Thai is all about the face.

What would the village think when she brings you there?

It's all good if your relationship is firm and marriage is pending (i.e. she will not be bringing another farang next time).

Anything less than that...I would not go.

Ok...lucky me, I've been invited to visit Mom in the home town, I'm gonna go but I don't want to offend anyone etc...

So any advice, do's and don'ts, or any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

Totster  :o

We know Thai is all about the face.

What would the village think when she brings you there?

It's all good if your relationship is firm and marriage is pending (i.e. she will not be bringing another farang next time).

Anything less than that...I would not go.

I didn't think you were invited? :D

nam...I'm middle aged and have a chronic illness...the dude would come across as chickenshit if he wanted to challenge me under those circumstances...when I saw him in the hotel he was alone (no loss of face other than to my wife) and not aware. I knew that I had enough strength to to toss his ass down the fire escape if I brained him first with a Chang bottle...he was drunk as piss...but that wouldn't get me nowhere.

So...it's been some years now and I'm not sure that my wife has not seen him under other circumstances...OK for her if they were intimate and that makes her happy. I certainly know that the money I give her doesn't make him rich.

I didn't think you were invited? :o

The question was do's and dont's when invited.

Not knowing the circumstances, I said I would not go if it was not a serious relationship. If you can guess why, please post.

Relax , and no I can't guess why?

I concur with the fellows who advised you to sit on the floor with the family. If you can eat at least some of the Thai food, they will realize that you are a regular guy and probably like you more.

I encountered the drunk neighbor on my wedding day. I just listened to him politely until my lovely wife noticed him and told him to <deleted> off! :o The drunk's wife is a friend of my sister in law and was quite friendly - helped prepare for the wedding, etc...

I wouldn't go too overboard on the gifts, just small tokens only. Ask your g/f if she has any idea, got a few suggestions the first time I met hubbys mum from other thai ladies, nice handbag, scarf from M&S, thats sort of thing but when I asked hubby, he wanted me to bring some jumpers & warm coats as it was getting cold in Khon Kaen when we went & they were more appriciated. Not sure if it would have been my choice but he knew best & after living there from January to March this year I could have done with them too. It was bloody freezing. :D

I was also there in January and it was chilly.....its all relative :o It was bloody freezing in the UK then they had snow!

the remark regarding 'boneing' the wife's sisters is cogent to this discussion...you never think that you would find an ass more beautiful than your wife's until you see the younger sister that has hidden in rice paddies and has never seen a falang before...

of course...an indescretion in this regard will mobilize the ducks quicker than you can say quack, quack...

Yep , or in my case , the wife's THREE younger sisters....... :o

In my case the ex G/F 18 year old cousin....... I didnt know she was the cousin honestly :D