Aussie arrested after drunken rampage in Thailand

webfact

Australians "Lol"​

Hopefully we are not all like the bozo in the op !

Regarding what happened to the guy, it would never happen to me. For one thing I have never been to Pataya to fall in love with a bar girl, and secondly I think the only good thing about UT is the road out of the place ! clap2.gif

well said mate ...we are not like that bozo....{ Australians ....???? Lol } rolleyes.gif

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"According to Thai news site Khaosod, Mr Walsh had been persuaded to travel to Udon Thani to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya.

Apparently, Mr Walsh and his girlfriend were going to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family."

Getting arrested was probably the best thing which could happen to this moron.

How do you know he is a moron? Do you know what went on?

It's an assumption based on the article. If you appear in the Khaosod with a story like this including photo like Mr. Walsh you're probably not the brightest bulb on the porch. Do you know him?

Bad enough that he's an Aussie and has met his "future wife" in Pattaya, but the wife beater shirt takes the lid off for me... It's types like these who mess up our reputation in LOS. Give him a good smack on the head and send him home!

Just a tip, if your reputation is messed up then stop being a drunken thug. It's pathetic you blame your problems on other people.

Why is that some farangs seem to leave their brains at the airport?

That being said, I can imagine the discussion with her family about Sinsod and the buying up of land/property/gold/cars/motorbikes and iPhones for all the cousins would be enough to send even the most reasonable of men a bit crazy.

Throw alcohol into the mix and this is the result.

A night in the cells vs a life of torment at the hands of inlaws.

Sounds like the Aussie guy had a lucky escape.

Because they are not much used here.

Just some guy who should not drink............. can't handle it.

I wonder if the marriage is still on?

I am wondering how this noble nobhead Australian is recovering today after the excitement excrement of the last few days. Maybe safely back in Pattaya heading back to the room with the next luv of his life wearing a freshly washed beer commercial singlet. Sad but comical at the same time!

Meeting a girl in Pattaya and after a month wants ot marry her? Looking back I think he will be happy for the night in jail. Hopefully he will learn his lesson - he got out of it cheap.

As a side note, no offense, but who goes for meeting future in-laws for the first time wearing a wife-beater?

Yeah, but in defence it was his ironed one.

Had his dancing thongs on as well........................wink.png

"to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya"

"to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family"

Gee - what could go wrong ?

But the sex was SOOOO Good!

An old saying goes: If it Flies, Floats or ..s.........Rent it, don't buy!

I first read that saying in Felix Dennis' autobiography.

Guy is worth half a billion USD, made from scratch, & somebody asked him why he didn't have a private jet, or yacht & wasn't married?

He said, "If it flies, floats or fornicates, it's cheaper to just rent it."

That being said, I can imagine the discussion with her family about Sinsod and the buying up of land/property/gold/cars/motorbikes and iPhones for all the cousins would be enough to send even the most reasonable of men a bit crazy.

lost his brain, sounds like he found it.

if he manages to remain single as a result if his rampage, power to him.

"to the visit the family of his girlfriend, who he had met approximately one month earlier in the popular resort of Pattaya"

"to announce their plans to get married to his her parents and the rest of the family"

Gee - what could go wrong ?

But the sex was SOOOO Good!

I met a retired guy from the US once. He moved in next door to me where we were each paying 18K/month rent for a couple 3/2 villas.

Not opulent but not a slum either.

He eventually told me he was a retired attorney, divorced in the US, & came to Thailand to retire.....He was 62 at the time.

He had his Thai wife & their 3 year old kid with them, recently moved from Issan-Ubon/Udon-somewhere.

When the kid was born, he signed over his 30 year lease to his wife, just in case he croaked or got run over by a bus.

Within 6 months she had gambled the house away.

He told me, word for word though, "But the sex was SOOOO Good!"

What makes you think he had any brains to begin with? The guy was obviously white trash and a loser to start with.

I know a guy from Australia wanted to marry a bar girl in Pattaya the day after his first night out, we all had a laugh but then realized he was serious.....The guy was from the outback me thinks and didn't get out much...

I met a guy like that from Detroit, which is an Outback in its own kind of way.

Can't blame them really for having fantasies. All we can do is say "DON"T DO IT!"

Didn't work. He bought her a beer bar in Pattaya.

1 year later they were done with the bar and each other.

She was quite cute too.

-----------------------------

Hell, I fell hook, line & sinker for my first barfine out of the Tilac Bar on Cowboy in 1999. Happens to the best of us.

Then again we don't tear up hotels, spit at cops get jailed, and make the news though do we?

Australians "Lol"​

After 10 yrs here I happened to notice that there are a tad more of you guys from the "Land of the Great Unwashed" that have been in similar situations and worse!!! Give me a break!!!tongue.png

Well, we have to keep our coal in the bath.

Poms + Aussies x heaps of booze + cricket and rugby = mayhem and chaos !

after one month ; get married lol be serious litle bit , dont marry thai girl ahahaha if you dont want looose lot of money

Yes, everyone should marry western women because they have absolutely no interest in your money, ha ha ha,,

Do you think this guy has money? Nahh, it's all just for love,,

post-170560-0-47090100-1442904139_thumb.

I got a size large smile out of this tale....many years back I got hood winked into a similar situation....the "outlaws" of Udon got me in the corner and demanded 1 million baht Sin Sod......I guess when I burst out loud laughing it scared them.....I did a counter offer of ZERO.....and got on the next plane back to BKK.....lucky me....and never looked back......????

TV members located near where these stories take place should volunteer to do a follow up report. I often wonder what the "real" story is, or at least get the person's version.

One possible version:

several days partying,

no sleep, no water, little food and lots of beer THEN when you dont feel so great, Thais stuffing pills down your throat they dont even know what they are for

Australians "Lol"​

After 10 yrs here I happened to notice that there are a tad more of you guys from the "Land of the Great Unwashed" that have been in similar situations and worse!!! Give me a break!!!tongue.png

Well, we have to keep our coal in the bath.

Poms + Aussies x heaps of booze + cricket and rugby = mayhem and chaos !

not sure about your equation,,

think this best suits,,

Hot, young Asian Woman + Old Western Man = Loveless marriage built on Western cash pile.

TV members located near where these stories take place should volunteer to do a follow up report. I often wonder what the "real" story is, or at least get the person's version.

In this case the "person's version" may well be incoherent gibberish but it would not surprise me one bit if the basis of the story is true.

What I am dubious about is the authenticity of some of the TV members' tales of woe regarding these disastrous relationships. It sometimes seems they are trying to outdo each other with stories of multi-million baht losses by these poor, unfortunate farangs.

I feel sorry for anyone who does get ripped off, by anyone. But sometimes these guys are an accident going somewhere to happen.

after one month ; get married lol be serious litle bit , dont marry thai girl ahahaha if you dont want looose lot of money

I married my Thai wife (not a bargirl) 14 days after we met. Our 25th anniversary comes up next February. Best not to tar everyone with the same brush.

Yes i know someone who also married his Thai wife three weeks after they first met , he stated she wasn't a bg , later she told me she did work in a bar , but only as a cashier, lovely girl too she was ... very loving and caring , after a couple of years unfortunately thy split up , just after his biz in OZ went broke , last i heard she's back in Phuket with another aussie who hasn't been there very long , i hope they are both happy and it lasts 25 years , there is always true love ! wink.png .