TukCom: motorbike parking

joepattaya1961

If this proofs permanent, then there will be chaos and Friendship will have to cash in for motorbikes.

I was just waiting for this to happen (same at Central where there is only one hour free now).

Could someone provide a picture?

Edited by KhunBENQ

If this proofs permanent, then there will be chaos and Friendship will have to cash in for motorbikes.

I was just waiting for this to happen (same at Central where there is only one hour free now).

Which "Central" are you referring to KhunBENQ ? not "Central Festival the Beach" I hope.

I haven't been to the other "Central" at North Pattaya for ages but they had free car and bike parking last time I went.

Edited by johng

Unfortunately yes.

On my visit in August I drove into the parking garage of Central at beach road and saw a price list for parking a motorbike and something about 1h free.

Also they did not hand out the usual plastic card but some paper slip.

I left before the hour was over.

Edited by KhunBENQ

If this is the sign you saw

post-2109-0-98185400-1442907391_thumb.jp

then its been there for years.

Sometimes the automated numberplate reader is broken then they have a guy shouting out

registration numbers to the other guy in the booth who scribbles on a bit of paper.

I've parked there many times for over an hour on the weekends and never been asked to pay ( yet )

back on topic

I can't see any parking enforcement on the sois around Tukcom lasting very long before business suffers

so back to normal soon.

A photo of the new signs would be helpful too.

Edited by johng

That would become an interesting story whistling.gif and at the same time explain why you merely find a lot even shortly after opening hour.

I bet in the long run there will be no other solution than strict closing off, fee for long term parking, clamping, removing etc.

Thailand, welcome to the real world.

Not that I long for.

At our local Tesco: numerous car parking lots occupied by employees.

The best lots of course with a good shadow wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

From a friend, the sign would ask all Tuckom staff,

and staff working in the many shops inside,

to not park there during the opening hours of Tukcom.

So it would be more like a "reserved to customers" sign ?

To Be Confirmed...

So where are they supposed to park?

I also park my scooter at Friendship when going there, parking out on the road is risky since the police seems to be on their toes and towing bikes away, parked on the wrong side.

I hope they at some stage relocate Tukcom, that building is getting old and doesn't look very inviting anymore, or with another word: a shithole.

Parked my bike there for 6 months after running out of petrol on the way home. Very relieved to find it again without any parking fines.

Nice of the motorcycle taxi guys to bring it back after they used it for a "fare"

Which "Central" are you referring to KhunBENQ ? not "Central Festival the Beach" I hope.

I haven't been to the other "Central" at North Pattaya for ages but they had free car and bike parking last time I went.

Ignore the signs. There is no parking fee for motorcycles at Central (Beach Road) after one hour.

I think it's well what I have been said before,

a sign asking staff to go park at Tuckom park in the back every days 10-22h,

but I would prefer someone translate this to avoid any misinterpretation...

So is it happening and making any difference? Maybe some motorcycle rental mafia will shoehorn themselves into any free space.