Mazda Receives German Design Awards in Three Categories

FarangMoto

mazda_design_award.jpg

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation announced today that the company received three awards in the Automotive Brand Contest. The company's global design team, Mazda CX-3 and Bike by KODO concept were honoured at an award ceremony at the Städel Museum in Frankfurt on September 15.

The prestigious Automotive Brand Contest honours outstanding product and communication design. Sponsored by the German Design Council, the annual contest has 15 regular and four special award categories. Winners in each category are selected by a jury of journalists and experts in design and communications.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/90-mazda/382-mazda-design-award

Because it is promotional industry news supplied by Mazda Thailand, paid for or not. Despite the award being out of Thailand, perhaps the aim was to promote to those interested in buying Mazda in Thailand whether ofbinterest to you are not. Promotion, forgive the pun, but isn't that what keeps the wheels turning!

Perhaps Mazda Thailand need to make people interested in buying their cars by giving their Dealers info on future models and updating their website with this info? This includes inc reps at the Motor Shows.

I know this first hand, was v keen to buy either the CX-3 or CX-5 update a few months back

Perhaps Mazda Thailand need to make people interested in buying their cars by giving their Dealers info on future models and updating their website with this info? This includes inc reps at the Motor Shows.

I know this first hand, was v keen to buy either the CX-3 or CX-5 update a few months back

I think the new CX-3 will be great! But if "everybody" is waiting for a new model to come out, "nobody" is buying cars NOW. I think dealers of all brands are left in the dark on purpose. "Got to sell those refridgerators. Got to sell those color TVee-eee-eeees!" Much better for the manufacturer to sell you something now, you will regret buying in six months, and then have you buy what you really would have wanted, a short way "up the road". The new, improved xxxxxxxxx!

But if "everybody" is waiting for a new model to come out, "nobody" is buying cars NOW. I think dealers of all brands are left in the dark on purpose.

Maybe so but it means if you are waiting for a car you really like the look of i.e. CX-3 and the dealer is fobbing you off, it turns you off the brand pretty quick. You are going to buy the second choice from another maker i.e. Honda

Personally think Mazda Thailand shot themselves in the foot by not selling the updated CX5 or launching the CX3 earlier (or at least a launch date at the beginning of the year). Its taken forever..

The SUV market is now one of the biggest segments. They lost massive market ground to Honda (HRV) and others

Edited by fish fingers

Yep, Mazda are loosing a lot of CX-3 sales to the HR-V.

I reckon the sales of the CX-5 with out an interior update will be suffering with the X-Trail as well.

Mazda Thailand have never been fast to bring new models in and don't seem to be improving.

Mazda designs are generally good, but getting them to the local market is hit and miss.

E.G. Who thought the CX-9 would sell at 3.8M?

The Mazda 6 is a great looking car IMHO, it could seriously challenge the dull Camry, Accord and Teana trio, but its not available in Thailand.

A Japanese car manufacturer wins some obscure awards in Frankfurt a week ago... and the relevance to a Thailand Motor forum is???

So you think all Thai's drive Thai cars do you.

Jeez give it a rest with the " whats this got to do with Thailand " Rubbish

The title is clear to see if it doesn't interest you don't click it

How hard is it ?