Looking for social playing card partners

Roger Clarke

There was a lady from Cape Cod,

Who blamed her condition on God.

But it wasn't the almighty

who lifted her nighty.

It was Roger the Lodge by God.

Sorry, I live too far from Udon to take you up on your offer, but couldn't resist the limerick my dad used to regularly recite to my friend, Roger.

No great help to you Roger as I am in Buriram, but I learned to play bridge 30 years ago at Norwich Bridge Club in City Hall. Wonderful lady teacher Joan Trett.

In Thailand you should familiarise yourself with "Playing Cards Act BE 2486"

Dealing cards here is akin to dealing in Yabba!

attachicon.gifPlaying cards.pdf

Just to clarify, a lot of people think playing cards is illegal in Thailand. Not true. There are lots of places to buy legal playing cards (with the tax stamp) in Thailand. It is perfectly legal to possess them (with tax stamp) and play cards as long as not gambling is involved.

Usually ill-informed moderators immediately close topics on playing cards. Just don't discuss gambling with cards.

No great help to you Roger as I am in Buriram, but I learned to play bridge 30 years ago at Norwich Bridge Club in City Hall. Wonderful lady teacher Joan Trett.

In Thailand you should familiarise yourself with "Playing Cards Act BE 2486"

Dealing cards here is akin to dealing in Yabba!

attachicon.gifPlaying cards.pdf

Just to clarify, a lot of people think playing cards is illegal in Thailand. Not true. There are lots of places to buy legal playing cards (with the tax stamp) in Thailand. It is perfectly legal to possess them (with tax stamp) and play cards as long as not gambling is involved.

Usually ill-informed moderators immediately close topics on playing cards. Just don't discuss gambling with cards.

Absolutely right - gambling is illegal, playing cards isn't. There is a Thailand Bridge League (and a National team) sponsored by both Bangkok Bank and PTT - I don't think they would be involved if it was illegal.