Abhisit warns Prayut to mind words

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Prayut, listen carefully. The USA is a free country and they can protest peacefully about any issues. So you will see normal people telling you that they are not happy with the Coup, they will also use the internet to freely communicate and the newspapers will publish the demonstrations for sure. Do not be alarmed by this activity, the American government do not yet know how to suppress and silent the people so we can get on with our elite lives without interruption, they are a young country dont forget, but they will learn.

When you are there just be calm, perhaps you can tell the American people how best to run a country, it cant hurt to give the young Nation some sage advice and they will appreciate it I'm sure.

But most of all have fun.

I am not a big fan of PM Prayut...however...it is my opinion that had he not stepped in when he did...Thailand was headed for something akin to civil war...lose of life, international investments, and an uncertain future...more so than we have now...

So, give him a little slack...let this thing play out...I believe him when he says elections are coming soon...

Prime Minister leaves for 70th session of UN General Assembly

BANGKOK, 24 September 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has departed for New York to attend the 70th Session of the United Nations General Assembly.

Upon arrival in New York, General Prayut will have a meeting with Thai delegates to the UN General Assembly, with the two primary objectives of the meeting being to discuss the progress made by the United Nations over 70 years, and the ratification of documents setting sustainable development goals leading to 2030.

On September 25, the prime minister will attend the UN leaders' summit for the ratification of the planned development goals, and present his 'interactive dialogue' speech on the topic of ending poverty and hunger. He will then participate in a gala event hosted by the US-ASEAN Business Council.

During his time in New York, the prime minister is scheduled to attend the United Nations' summit on the post-2015 development agenda. He will also enter into multilateral and bilateral discussions with various world leaders, and receive the ITU Global Sustainable Digital Development Award.

Gen. Prayut will also pay homage to victims of the 9/11 terrorist attack at Ground Zero. The prime minister is scheduled to arrive back in Thailand in the evening of October 1.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-24 footer_n.gif

In the US , Prayut will find it entirely different to being in Thailand, protest crowds, unflattering negative media criticism and all the trimmings in a country without section 44 , in the land of the free ( or so they say ), Prayut will, as a Ex Thai General, get all indigent , spit the dummy, scream and shout in his hotel room and wish he was back in Thailand ,to some in Thailand, they wish he would stay in the US coffee1.gif .

"....Prayut will, as a Ex Thai General, get all indigent ,....."

I realize you actually meant indignant, but oddly your choice of word hardly fits a man of Prayuth's wealth.

INDIGENT...poor; needy.

synonyms: poor, impecunious, destitute, penniless, impoverished, insolvent, poverty-stricken;

dictionary.

I am pleased you have noted that mistake, I have a spell checker that doubles as a comedian at night.cheesy.gif

Just remember to tell the spell checker not to laugh at his own jokes. It's bad form.rolleyes.gif

Prayuth goes almost for nothing as some of the points that need actions are the following:

The sustainable Development Goals for this year are Quality Education, Clean Water, Reduced Inequalities, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Climate Action, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions. A special action group will also discuss environmental issues on land and sea (fishing).

I think it is a good thing for the PM to go out of Thailand, and visit another part of the world.

It will be good for him, good for Thailand, and good for the place he visits. Everyone

including the PM will hear his speeches, and he will hear from other people, and some leaders,

hopefully. Do you all think that only Mr. Thaksin and his family are the only people from

Thailand who can handle themselves okay, outside of Thailand? Actually I think you armchair

quarterbacks are a bit too quick to criticize the Thai PM, just because of your attitude toward him.

I am glad that the 2 color parties are in the background for now, and I hope that the next attempt

to get Thailand more democratic in the next elections, when they occur, will happen without

too many people getting paid to vote for anyone who wants to be the next one in power.

I think it is a good thing for the PM to go out of Thailand, and visit another part of the world.

It will be good for him, good for Thailand, and good for the place he visits. Everyone

including the PM will hear his speeches, and he will hear from other people, and some leaders,

hopefully. Do you all think that only Mr. Thaksin and his family are the only people from

Thailand who can handle themselves okay, outside of Thailand? Actually I think you armchair

quarterbacks are a bit too quick to criticize the Thai PM, just because of your attitude toward him.

I am glad that the 2 color parties are in the background for now, and I hope that the next attempt

to get Thailand more democratic in the next elections, when they occur, will happen without

too many people getting paid to vote for anyone who wants to be the next one in power.

Very naive indeed.To address just one of your fatuous comments -

You say you are glad the two colours are in the background.Reality is that one colour has achieved all its goals.There is no neutrality on the part of the Junta.It has come down heavily on one side, the side of the unelected elites and the myopic (mainly) Sino Thai middle class in their train.

From the NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS:

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Posts have been removed.

Abhisit, shut it. Just because you was backed by the Chinese yellow-shirts, well, that don't mean to say that you can can say what you want.

And Nation Newspaper, don't start thinking you will not be closed down after printing Abhisit's comments. The red-shirt tv channel was closed down, don't take it for granted that you will still be around in a few weeks/months time.

I also can't wait how the good general is going to explain his regime's plans to further strangle the already restricted internet by reportedly going to implement a single, government-monitored and controlled gateway, and at the same time expect to be taken seriously when he - presumably - flashes the "We shall return to democracy soon" card.

My hunch is that he will return from New York either very humbled - or very, very angry that the world community just won't understand Thailand (i.e. him) one iota.

Guess who will be the ones to suffer his anger?

Quote Moreover, the premier also had a chance to tell the world about Royal's sufficiency economy philosophy,unquote. Abhisit added

I have been led to believe that Abhisit is an intelligent man but can someone translate his above statement makes no sense at all. He also wants the good general to watch what he says again its not about protecting Thailand but saving face that old cultural cop- out.

Quote: "But the PM should be more careful as he, on many occasions, speaks half-jokingly with [Thai] media and caused misunderstanding among foreigners that he [Prayut] denies media freedom," the Democrat party leader said.

Good to know he's just been kidding around. More evidence that falang just can't understand Thailand.

Edited by PaPiPuPePo

Abhisit, shut it. Just because you was backed by the Chinese yellow-shirts, well, that don't mean to say that you can can say what you want.

And Nation Newspaper, don't start thinking you will not be closed down after printing Abhisit's comments. The red-shirt tv channel was closed down, don't take it for granted that you will still be around in a few weeks/months time.

Abhisit and his best mate Suthep can say whatever they want, the coup was done for them, if they would shut their mouth it would be suspicious .....