Thai Smile Moving Back to BKK

GinBoy2

Wish they would. The current situation is less than desirable.

All I found was a vague sentence that they would switch flights to Suvarnabhumi during peak season to avoid congestion at DMK.

Sounds like a temporary measure.

The source is Bangkok Post which must not be cited/linked here.

Yeah, that BP was the somewhere I read it too. I was curious since I was booking a flight back from Bangkok on Jan 1st after arriving back from the US mid morning. Didn't want to wait until 18:30 for the BKK-KKC flight, so booked the DMK-KKC at 13:40, hoping that it may be moved back to BKK

I went ahead and booked the DMK flight, since having previously made the mistake of driving on News Years Day, anything is better than that!

I would welcome it for better connections to Chiang Rai.

However ,I would like better communications with their Thai International TG Parent.

However,my wife has told me not to plan to far in advance ,as we were caught in the "mess" of the changeover from TG to WE.

Our luggage went in to the compound at Suvarnabhumi & took 2.5 hours to get it back out after being checked in from our home airport to CEI & then rejected by WE .

Thai Smile required us to reclaim & then separate check in ,which was not advised to their Star Alliance Partners ,who thought that they helping usas it was a LH/TG thru ticket.

If they do move back to BKK, it's because they have very few customers at DMK - the AirAsia, NokAir, etc. lines at DMK are endless, there's practically no wait for Thai Smile.

Was on AA 2 weeks ago going to KL.1st in at the counter,1st at immi and 3rd in line at customs.Longer lineup to go for a slash.The Don has been a breeze 3 times this year.