What other alternatives to True Vision

sub101uk

...just found a similar ThaiVisa topic:

Started by rickb, 2012-12-19 09:35

Where poser GMAC posted the following:

There was another topic on this a couple of months ago. From memory it related to an additional charge of 300 Baht from people who were using their own equipment rather than renting from True. From the figures you quote it sounds like the same situation.

Interesting , But understandable if you let your account expiry then yes you must pay a extra 300 baht to be reconnected but as you can see my account does not expiry until the 7th of October and I paid the 8.000.00 baht on the 23rd of September and within a few hours of payment I had the phone calls requesting I pay a extra 1200 Baht for the 4 months that I had just paid.

As you can see from the attached letter from True Vision it just states "We Would like to advise that your monthy subscription is due to expiry on the 07 th of October , Your renewal and payment in amount of Baht 2.000.00 within 01 October 2015 .In order to continue to enjoy an uninterrupted service " But its much better that I paid 4 months 4 x 2 = 8.000.00 .

So I can only assume its a screw up down there end , but I have heard nothing back from them except a email confirming they had received the 8.000.00 Baht . Yes I do own the equipment sounds like they can make up the rules as they go , They requested I pay 2.000.00 and I paid 8.000.00 and then they wanted a extra 1200 baht for me paying in advance . This makes no sense ?? or am I missing something if they can charge you a extra 1200 baht for 4 months just think how much extra they could charge you for 12 months = 3600 Baht .

Like you say There is nothing about this change on True's website, nor are they willing to send the new or old terms and conditions so its going to be a mine field just to pay a straight forward utility bill .

Well the bill came so I went down to the local Telewiz shop and paid they requested 2.000.00 I paid 8.000.00 because its a pain to keep going down the shop every month , I never thought it would open up a can of worms . But they have been paid 8.000.00 as you can see from the receipt .So I just wait and see when the screen goes blank or they send me a letter telling me my account is due to expiry if the date is not early feb 2016 then like I have said I will find a alternative I do have a smart TV so I have access to the internet ,

But its so straight forward and should take a few minutes to pay instead I was in the Telewiz shop for 45 minutes only to find the nightmare had only just begun !

Got to wonder if other TrueVisions customers who own their own equipment have been paying this surcharge (if that's what it is).

Some people in those posts suggested paying the bill at any other venue besides a True shop.

Still others suggested paying 6 or 12 months advance avoided the surcharge.

Getting someone who speaks Thai to ask if "there is an extra monthly charge if you own if you own your own equipment" might help clarify the issue. If there is an extra monthly fee (surcharage) then does it get waived with a 6 month or 12 month prepayment is made (vs your 4-month prepayment).

Well as you can see from the bill it says nothing about any extra surcharge . It clearly states 2.000.00 baht so to me its very hit and miss , You go in pay your money only be be told " Sorry you need pay more in my case 1200 Baht for 4 months to re-connect your account which is already connect , " I am sure we could make this into a good monty python sketche "

post-90608-0-53115000-1443702754_thumb.j

Thanks guys for your reply I have attached the letter and the receipt so you can see what I mean , " They request 2.000.00 before the expiry date 07 Oct and I paid 8.000.00 for 4 months on 23rd Sept if I let the account expiry they will charge me a extra 300 baht to reconnect this I understand but to pay the extra 300 for a account that is active and all paid up and that is connected I am at a total loss ?

So for any other true vision customers reading this topic be very careful , All is not what it seems.Still waiting to hear back from True vision to hear what they have to say because like I said they want a extra 1200 baht for re-connecting the system over a 4 months period . Tax I could understand but this like you I am lost for words . Connecting a system thats already connected ? in other words paying for nothing ?

Thanks for information on what alternatives there are I think a trip to the local satellite shop to find out more , I have full access to the flat roof above me so dont think it would be to much of a problem to move or replace the dish .

Cheers

The way I'm reading that letter, it just says that if you don't pay the monthly fee by the due date then you'll be disconnected and it'll cost 300 baht plus the monthly fee in advance to reconnect. You'll only have to pay that every month if you miss your payment every month. Since you have paid 4 months in advance you should be OK for 4 months in any case.

Yes your reading it like the rest of us , I fully understand if I let the account expiry then I pay a extra 300 Baht to reconnect , From the feed back I am getting from the guys here they seem to have a hidden charge of 300 Baht if you own your own equipment , I think its very clear that True Vision cannot process someone paying 4 months if I had have paid just the 2.000.00 Baht I think it would have been ok , But since I paid 4 months and there was no procedure for this amount being paid in .

Since this being the case I think True visions should re-train the staff as we are not looking at a small amount 300 Baht = £ 5.25 GBP But it does make you think twice to make any future advance payments as you just dont know what there going to next , Its not the type of thing you want to do to encourage people to pay in advance .

Yes I think your right , I dont think this nightmare is over yet as I had a blank phone call from them this afternoon as they seem to use the number 027252000 , I have emailed them a few times to confirm what is going on but had no reply . So wait and see but its clear that paying in advance may not be a good idea .

Well the night mare continues after paying truevision on the 23rd of Septemeber the total amount of 8.000.00 for 4 months viewing the system was turned off today . So if any others out there are thinking of paying in advanced DONT ! its very clear this is a total scam they request I pay 2.000.00 , But I paid 4 months 8.000.00 and today my card was blocked does that make any sense ?

Well just returned from the Telewiz shop its very clear that the whole thing is a scam even if your account is current they still want you to pay a extra 300 baht to re- connect you , Not once but 300 Baht per month so in future " DO NOT PAY THEM IN ADVANCE " . I was lucky I got my 8.000.00 Back but there is nothing from stopping them pulling out this 300 baht scam at any time , Lets face it your account is in date when and you find your account has been blocked the only way to unblock it is to pay the extra 300 Baht each month or watching a blank screen for 3 , 6 or maybe 12 months .

• 1 year later...

Good old true vision,  about 2 years l went into true to get set up, l said l want 2 boxes and platinum package, the sold me 2 boxes 1600 baht each said man come out tomorrow to install, they came out l gave them the boxes and they said no we have these boxes, l went back to true that afternoon boxes in hand to get a refund, and spoke to the same person who sold them to me, she said no we dont give refunds l said you sold these to me yesterday saying that is what l needed, sorry no refund you can ring the service centre, why ring l am hear, sorry, have had nothing but problems, went in after 4 months and canceled as to many problems not working you have to pay another month, l said it is not working so she said ok it will be cancelled, thinking that was it  but no months later got a legal letter for arrears saying you owe 6000 baht, back to true explain again that it was cancelled months ago, again sorry it was not cancelled so you owe, they are a joke, any other option in Hua Hin