True Visions Cable Tv Service Charge

rickb

I just learned that True Visions has recently started charging 300 baht every time you pay a bill for services. I have the Gold Package which for many months now has been 1,412 baht per month. When I went to pay for this month's service they told me that my monthly bill was now 1712, an increase of 300 baht due to this new service charge they have tacked on to your bill. This is a 20% service charge for what??? After calling the main service center in Bangkok, I was advised that the only way to avoid this 300 baht service charge per month was to pay for either 6 or 12 months at a time. I find this new service charge appalling but have little choice if I want to continue using their cable tv service. I even can't find anywhere in their on-line advertising that mentions about this service charge. They simply state 1412 baht per month for gold package service. Have any other members been charged this service fee and what are your thoughts?

I have tried to set up automatic debit with True for my monthly service fee on True Vision,

and it has been a nightmare. I am forced to go into the True office and pay the monthly fee

each and every month -- I pay by credit card now, but wanted not to have the hassle of

dealing with it. When will they get their act together?

I have tried to set up automatic debit with True for my monthly service fee on True Vision,

and it has been a nightmare. I am forced to go into the True office and pay the monthly fee

each and every month -- I pay by credit card now, but wanted not to have the hassle of

i set up a direct debit

i set up a direct debit,with true many years ago through the local office,and serviced by bangkok bank.no proplem for at least 5 years,and they will give you a 6 month sabbatical,if your going abroad.

Please note, the documentation from this cable operator says that once your sign the automatic debit you cannot cancel it. The cable operator is the only party who can cancel it.

Same with automatic charge to your credit card.

Beware.

There was another topic on this a couple of months ago. From memory it related to an additional charge of 300 Baht from people who were using their own equipment rather than renting from True. From the figures you quote it sounds like the same situation.

I think your being had

Paid True on the 30/11 - 1,568 bht = 14,12 tru + 102 vat for dec mth

Also bill states we paid 155 bht a one of payment for equipment at start ( they own all - no problems with fixing )

Have gol package & always pay at 7/11

Thanks for your responses. The 300 baht service charge must only be collected when I pay at the True Service Center near my home. I'll try paying at 7 Eleven or at my bank in the future, or simply pay for one year and get service for 13 months.