German’s dead body left at clinic, Phnom Penh

geovalin

The body of a German national was dumped outside a medical clinic in Phnom Penh on Sunday, with four unidentified people reportedly fleeing the scene after initially trying to help her when she collapsed in the street.

According Phnom Penh Deputy Chief Immigration Officer Khlok Chhom Peng, police reported Tanja Wethekam, 60, had been walking alone in Chamkarmon district when witnesses said she appeared to become dizzy and fell down.

Four people in a black car then reportedly put her into their vehicle and took her to the nearby Mekong Hospital Polyclinic. The four left her on the pavement outside the clinic at around 4:15 pm, where she was found dead.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/germans-dead-body-left-clinic

"A tuk-tuk driver parked outside the clinic, who declined to give his name, yesterday said the car’s driver was a white male, though he did not see any of the other passengers"

How very white of him. Don't know why I expect more from a barang then from the locals. Actually I think she might've been better off in the hands of the poor Khmer.

"A tuk-tuk driver parked outside the clinic, who declined to give his name, yesterday said the cars driver was a white male, though he did not see any of the other passengers"

How very white of him. Don't know why I expect more from a barang then from the locals. Actually I think she might've been better off in the hands of the poor Khmer.

They dropped her like trash.

She probably failed to be prominent or rich, that's why her life was cconsidered of no value.

Typical Farang behaviour.

Edited by micmichd

A sad story like this one reminds us expats that we are not in the West where there would be people immediately surrounding us, calling emergency services, an ambulance quickly dispatched, paramedics working on us on the way to a waiting hospital staff & etc.

It's a chance we all take. And Cambodia, sadly enough, is worse than Thailand. Even in Phnom Penh, the capital of the country, your chances of surviving an incident like this are slim to none.

Here's hoping (for her family sake) that she had travel insurance. I wish them well.