Soldier turns himself in after allegedly trafficking humans

webfact

Soldier turns himself in after allegedly trafficking humans

BANGKOK, 29 September 2015 (NNT)-The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) has seized assets worth nearly 60 million baht from human trafficking perpetrators in Satun province.

According to the AMLO, most of their assets taken included homes, lands, boats, cars and license plates. 6 other suspects in Satun charged with human trafficking offences are still at large. Some of them have reportedly fled Thailand to a nearby country.

Meanwhile, one of the soldiers who allegedly was involved in human trafficking, has turned himself in to Provincial Police Region 8 Deputy Police Chief Police General Pawin Pongsirin.

The police identified him as Captain Wisut Boonnak. Bail for him has been denied and he is currently detained at Nathawee Provincial Court. It has also been reported that two more suspects are to turn themselves in to the authorities in October and another one, also a soldier, is still on the run.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-29 footer_n.gif

An army captain isn't high enough up the tree to be a main player in human trafficking. It is hard to believe that this guy would turn himself in like this unless he was taking a fall for someone higher up.

But then we all know that he could not have been involved anyway. Didn't our fearless PM once declare that no army personnel has ever been involved in human trafficking? (Oh, and that the Koh Tao police investigation was "perfect"?) Who are we mere mortals to doubt the word of god... or is it godfather.

a soldier has turned himself in to the authorities after admitting he was involved in human trafficking 2 more people are to turn themselves in in October ? why haven't they been arrested is it a please yourself situation is it a case of look I cant come today do you mind if I come next week shades of anna reese what a country.

...most of their assets taken included homes, lands, boats, cars and license plates.

Okay, I don't get it. How does a license plate become an asset? I remember in the UK people would pay big money for certain plates which carried their initials or spelled a word... But does that happen here?

well at least he did turned himself in, what about his god fathers?

They advised him to do so as he is a lesser human than them. They will look after his family while he does time for them, it's called Sakdina.

Feudalism.