Do I really need another IPhone?

thonglorjimmy

go android and say bye bye to imessage and face time.

have fun with constant cut calls on Viber or Skype.

any iphone is way better than Android crap.

have both So i know what I m talking about.

stay with the 4s, steal frame, solid, easy battery replacement and plenty of repair place for the 4s.

no virus, good camera, good sound, loud enough, and pocketable.

even a cheap android phone nowadays would blow away the iPhone 4s.... Throw it away and stop being ripped off

• 2 weeks later...

my phone is the Steve Jobs phone, why should I change it.? I can send SMS, chat, ... I can do more than an android phone. I can even call, woooow! :)

The iPhone 4 is deader than Steve jobs modern android devices are light years better

You should get down the shops someday

• 4 weeks later...

Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy A8. It's a phantastic phone for the price.

I'm a mobile application developer and had over 20 smart phones myself already but this one is for sure on top of the list, in terms of quality, speed and all the rest.

If you go to MBK to the 5th(?) floor you can lower the price from the original 15k to 12k, what's really a good price for a phone with these specs.

13 MB camera rear

5 MB camera front

1.8 GHz quad core CPU

2gb ram

2 sim cards

Expandable memory up to 128 GB with SD card

Android 5.1

reading the posts here, and of course chatting with my friends and co-workers here in the USA, and being 58 and an anachronistic engineer who still remembers having to struggle to find and deal with pay phones when traveling, or using calling cards to make calls from work, I just stare in amazement at these I phones and smart phone things. Sure some have fantastic features, wi fi for internet access, gps location apps, some have remote monitoring of work places you can check on while away, and tons of other things. But when I see people walking around with one hand encumbered holding their phone, and I look at the money the invest over and over upgrading, or getting new phones, paying for subscription plans, etc, I just back further away. I have a fine basic cheap phone and plan that does text and talk. Internet stuff I can do at home or at work. I seem to be surviving just as well as I have since I used to carry dimes in my penny loafers for pay phone emergency usage when I was growing up. Constantly stimulating the brain with nuances and trivia as kids twitter and facebook every little detail just isn't my cup of tea. Tonight I took a wonderful walk outside in northern san diego ca county. A clear cool night with more stars than I could ever see from where I grew up. It was a nice cool night. Many houses have christmas lights. My Dad used to always not understand how I would go for walks for an hour or more. He was one of those that just couldn't sit there or walk and not do much. He was born a generation or two too soon. If your retirement is fully funded, then keep doing the fancy phone thing. If not, consider going old fashioned and saving and investing the money. Take out a calculator and see how much more money you could have after 10 years

I had a 5,000 baht Lenovo, dual SIM cards, 5 inch screen and a decent camera. I was quite happy with it for a year or so. It started to get glitchy and was out of warranty. Trouble shooting was a nightmare because instructions were in Chinese. I was using the phone as a modem at my condo. To make a long story short, I became more and more frustrated. It got bounced off the wall and put in the trash. I am now very happy with my Samsung Galaxy S5. I got it from a guy who has a spoiled wife. He bought it for her when she wanted an iPhone. I bought it, warranty and all for 13,500 baht. truthfully, the price was at the maximum that I would pay for any phone.

I just called Apple and they confirmed the OP does need another IPhone. They also said it's highly recommended a person upgrade their IPhone phone at least once a year but the rep didn't really say why. And I think I heard the rep whisper something along the lines Please Help Me, I'm Being Held Captive in an Apple Call Center. Then the phone line went dead.

Apple make a good product no doubt about that however once you are vested in i-Tunes your stuck. That is why I avoid i-Phones every year manufactures are competing in the Android market making amazing phones with higher specs than i-Phones at lower prices.

However the phone isn't really the issue what I like is the ease of switching to another brand of android phone and having everything follow you instantly. Just log in to your Google account and Wa La all your contacts and many of your apps plus wifi settings etc are on your new phone.

If you have music and videos on your sd card or computer they work instantly. No need to covert them first. Also moving movies and music from your pc is simple drag and drop no need to use third party apps to bypass i-tunes.

With Android the world is your oyster no need to only eat apples when there is a a buffet of tasty phones to enjoy.

Edited by Sakeopete

Apple make a good product no doubt about that however once you are vested in i-Tunes your stuck. That is why I avoid i-Phones every year manufactures are competing in the Android market making amazing phones with higher specs than i-Phones at lower prices.

However the phone isn't really the issue what I like is the ease of switching to another brand of android phone and having everything follow you instantly. Just log in to your Google account and Wa La all your contacts and many of your apps plus wifi settings etc are on your new phone.

If you have music and videos on your sd card or computer they work instantly. No need to covert them first. Also moving movies and music from your pc is simple drag and drop no need to use third party apps to bypass i-tunes.

With Android the world is your oyster no need to only eat apples when there is a a buffet of tasty phones to enjoy.

enjoy virus...! each time you share a file, music, whatever... you risk to be infected.

enjoy virus...! each time you share a file, music, whatever... you risk to be infected.

You do know there are plenty of free antivirus for Android? Anyways I've been moving movies and music between my devices for many years and have never gotten a virus.

Besides Apple has been hit by some nasty viruses and malware. My point is that moving media is easy with Android while Apple forces you to use i-Tunes which doesn't give you an option to move it to a non-iOS device that's how they trap customers.

What virus.... I use android since android 1.6 and never ever saw a virus. I had over 20 android devices, programming for android and use it more than constantly and open.

No virus whatsoever.... Not sure what ppl do to get viruses.

Edited by byteHunter

my friends who bought Android last year now complain that their phone is running slow.

my 4s is still running like new.

I got Android and iPhone and I prefer iPhone. just more reliable. android is just too much power hungry.

I never had issues with my Samsung phone running slow but my tablet sure did after an update.

As for battery it depends on the phone my Xperia Z3 easily get 2 days on a charge and I am a heavy user. Battery life and the dedicated camera button is the main reason I bought it. Honestly it is the first phone I have had that I'm completely satisfied with plus when I was riding my bike and got hit by a rainstorm I didn't panic because its waterproof. Lost my Motorola a few years ago that way.