Shuttle bus from Utapao Airport to Pattaya

thairookie

This is from tripadvisor (E-mail reply is from Bangkok Airways)
7. Re: Transport from Pattaya to U-Tapao Airport
Apr 10, 2014, 2:25 AM

Just emailed the pattaya office these are the details they gave me. Will be using them tomorrow.

Dear Sir / Madam,

With reference to your inquiry, we would like to inform that there is no a shuttle bus from Pattaya city to Utapao Airport provided by Bangkok Airways.

However, we are pleased to suggest a limousine service named The Crane Company.

This company has serviced a joint mini-bus form Pattaya city to Utapao Airport with a charge of THB250 per person.

For reservation, you could contact +66 81 377 2778. They will ask for more details of your hotel address and your flight details.

In 2012 I flew back into Utapao from Phuket. While negotiating the taxi prices from Utapao to Pattaya and the rates went slowly down, I noticed a minivan with a sign going to Pattaya. I walked over and paid something like 150 baht and got in. I think there were 4 passengers total. I was surprised but quite happy as the taxi rates were not going much lower than about 1000 baht as I recall. they know you need transport so they charge more than going from Pattaya to Utapao.

Sorry I have no contact details for that mini van. If that doesn't work, try and split a taxi back to Pattaya. I am sure there is no shuttle bus. I don't know if the mini bus in your original post is the same one or company I took from Utapao back to Pattaya

In 2012 I flew back into Utapao from Phuket. While negotiating the taxi prices from Utapao to Pattaya and the rates went slowly down, I noticed a minivan with a sign going to Pattaya. I walked over and paid something like 150 baht and got in. I think there were 4 passengers total. I was surprised but quite happy as the taxi rates were not going much lower than about 1000 baht as I recall. they know you need transport so they charge more than going from Pattaya to Utapao.

Sorry I have no contact details for that mini van. If that doesn't work, try and split a taxi back to Pattaya. I am sure there is no shuttle bus. I don't know if the mini bus in your original post is the same one or company I took from Utapao back to Pattaya

you noticed a minivan?but I bet you anything it wasn't widely advertised

just the same as the 4 different airport bus routes the used to have from Don Muang to Bangkok before the new Bangkok airport was built. those buses used to be the world's best kept secret.

just the same as the 4 different airport bus routes the used to have from Don Muang to Bangkok before the new Bangkok airport was built. those buses used to be the world's best kept secret.

The bus routes from Don Muang to Bangkok was if not the worlds best, Bangkok transport pearls. How I miss that timesad.png

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

I was stunned to see the darn thing frankly. Wish I could provide more info. Sorry. It took us right to Soi LK Metro where three of us were staying

U-tapao. Air Asia issued a press release this week, in conjunction with their current and proposed routes to Kuala lumphur- Udon Thani, Macao and Singapore.

They say they offer shuttle buses to Pattaya and Rayong, and will in future offer ferry connections to popular resorts.

U-tapao. Air Asia issued a press release this week, in conjunction with their current and proposed routes to Kuala lumphur- Udon Thani, Macao and Singapore.

They say they offer shuttle buses to Pattaya and Rayong, and will in future offer ferry connections to popular resorts.

do you have a link to the press release?

Press Release

airasia.com

AirAsia Launches 3 New Routes Direct from U-Tapao

To Macau, Singapore and Udon Thani

Forges Ahead Promoting Travel to the East

To offer even greater convenience for passengers connecting to other destinations, AirAsia offers City and Island transfer services using shuttle buses and ferry boats that take passengers from U-Tapao to major travel destinations that include Koh Samet, Pattaya City (Central Festival) and Rayong with plans to offer transfers to Koh Lan very soon. Passengers can easily book the service at www.airasia.com by selecting their origin and desired final destination.

Edited by Asiantravel