Do you boil your eggs in bottled water or does any water do?

dennis123

bottled water is for drinking

​I use tap water for everything other than drinking..

in any case to boil an egg the water is boiling so would get rid of anything.. many people boil tap water and let it get cold to use for drinking everyday.

Seriously?

I thought I had an easy life in Thailand, but now am trying to imagine a life where the quality of my egg boiling water is on top of my to-do-list.

What is number two on your list?

to question if it is safe to wash your hands, or for that matter any part of your body in tap water that may have bacteria in it..

Mineral water bottle in course. And especially not a local brand that does not necessarily meet the food safety standards, huh.

So to summarize mineral water NESTLE (Swiss Security)

A bleach stamp and another against typhoid and unknown germs would be a nice touch.

But all this is not enough because the necessary boiling water is a major risk. Perhaps a combination fire would not be superfluous ...

Seriously?

I thought I had an easy life in Thailand, but now am trying to imagine a life where the quality of my egg boiling water is on top of my to-do-list.

to question if it is safe to wash your hands, or for that matter any part of your body in tap water that may have bacteria in it..

Just go for a swim in the ocean.

"There are approximately 10 million viruses in every drop of surface seawater......."

http://www.futurity.org/millions-of-marine-viruses-ebb-and-flow/

Seriously?

you mean you don't use French champagne to boil your eggs? ohmy.png

In case you run out of taped water or french champagne you could try this unique method

Gaining access to childs urine would most likely land me in Jail. How do you think the urine of a 23 year old bar girl go ?

Probably even better, this group usually consume a nice combination of Ceftriaxone, Azithromycin and Doxycycline. So 2-3 eggs a day should give you full immunity to gonorrhea or chlamydia infections.

Living the healthy way, you know it makes sense...thumbsup.gif

You all have it wrong...

VOSS water has the necessary mineral content to add the perfect flavour to a Boiled Egg.

Through osmosis minerals leach into the inner membrane and flavour the white (never use salted water or vinegar in the water for the same reasons).

The water should be 'sub-boiled' to keep turbulence a minimum and maintain a centralised and clear yolk.

coffee1.gif

I have a simple filter, though I don't think using tap water would be a problem if well boiled

The only reason I doubted is cause I often over boil them and the egg shell breaks, allowing the water to come inside, but yeah the boiling process should take care of any bacteria indeed. Next time I'll wait with asking silly questions till I'm fully awake lol.

I boil my eggs in the rice cooker when I cook rice. I was them good and throw them on top of the rice. when the rice is done, the eggs are too. I then have to open TV and search for then thread to tell me how to peel them since I never can remember -right!

• 3 weeks later...