Where is the work permit office in Chiang Mai

Hi all,

I just started working in Thailand for the first time. My contract and paperwork are all ready to be filed at the work permit office but I've heard it's really hard to find since it apparently moved. I've also been told that what I looked up online is old information. So the question is: where is this place and how do I get there?

Any advice is welcome.

They are a large, well-known and respected university. I am a full-time professor.

They do all the paperwork and pay for everything. But because of how large they are, they don't file the paperwork for us. We need to do that. That is why I am asking for advice in finding the office because I've been told it's not easy to find.

I know how this forum can be full of speculation and non-helpful comments sometimes so really, please keep those to yourself as it's not helpful to me or anyone else who may be interested in learning where this place is located.

They are a large, well-known and respected university. I am a full-time professor.

They do all the paperwork and pay for everything. But because of how large they are, they don't file the paperwork for us. We need to do that. That is why I am asking for advice in finding the office because I've been told it's not easy to find.

I know how this forum can be full of speculation and non-helpful comments sometimes so really, please keep those to yourself as it's not helpful to me or anyone else who may be interested in learning where this place is located.

You will receive a quicker response in the Chiang Mai forum.

Ask one of the mods to move your query.

For some years, the national labor department branch office in Chiang Mai was at these latitude and longitude coordinates: "18.837345N, 98.970641E".

But as of January 2015, it had been moved to a not-very-attractive temporary facility, with its entry door precisely at this location on the north-northwest corner of this sprawling warehouse building: "18.832978N, 98.961147E" I cannot verify it is still there, but likely is if people are still having trouble finding in.

Copy and paste the above latitude and longitude values (the boldfaced values, without the quote marks) into the http://maps.google.com search field, zoom in, and then look at the "Earth" view in the lower-left corner of the window, or open up Street View.

Edited by Bruce404