Manila & tourist visa for Thailand

For years the Thai Consulate have been known for their severe attitude problems. They are difficult, pedantic and extremely un helpful, on the verge of being nasty.

It certainly doesn't help that every visit I made to them (admittedly a number of years ago) that the only official faces on show were Filipino, not once did I see a Thai. On one occasion, I requested to see the Consul to ask for a clarification on an I issue and was refused point blank.

In the end, I flew to Hong Kong for the required visa.

Been there with the gf 6 times now for 60 days with no dramas. Wanted to seedetails of accom, ticket. Very slow to issue tho, you lodge before 12noon on day 1 and collect after 3pm on day 3. check website for thai holidays as they close

I have used them a few times for different types of visa as Ubonjoe said they can be unfriendly I would say a little on the grumpy side just be pleasant please and thank you and keep smiling and what ever you do don't get annoyed. laugh.pnglaugh.png

This was way back in 1986, so probably doesn't apply now. I went to reconfirm my ticket in Manila and they said that they wouldn't do it unless I obtained a visa. I stated that I was on a British passport, so didn't need one. They were having none of that, I did indeed get a visa at the Embassy.

Bizarre!