translating a Cup :)

nullx8

No, its not Thai.

No, I can't tell what it says tongue.png

Looks much like Hebrew.

I tried to find some of the glyphs/shapes in the Khmer tables to no avail.

But quite sure every shape found here:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/alephbet.html

On the cup: see second row on the right. Bet that this is a "Shin" from the picture below.

hebrewc.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for your help

The hint in the right direction

I asked a Jew Friend

He translated it in secounds as "Happy holidays"

Apoarently there is some sort of celebration currently :)

"Ask a Jew friend, friend who happen to be Jew" Why do these threads always descend into subtle racism and bigotry? I know plenty of Jews from the USA none of them read or speak any Hebrew.

One might want to ask an Israeli. Many of them are Arabs.

Just because your "plenty" us friends don't take the religion serious does not make me racist!

Its hebrew, the language of the Jewish Community, its a compliment refering to them, not racist!

Its time to trow your TV away!

"Ask a Jew friend, friend who happen to be Jew" Why do these threads always descend into subtle racism and bigotry? I know plenty of Jews from the USA none of them read or speak any Hebrew.

The racism and bigotry is only in your mind.

Since it was thought that this could be Hebrew, it seems sensible to ask a Jewish person if the letters were Hebrew. After all, I thought most Jews were religious and that their Holy Scriptures were written in Hebrew?

Same as Arabic. Much more likely that any Muslim would be able to recognise Arabic script because their Holy Scriptures are written in Arabic.

Nothing more, nothing less...

I think it is more helpful to simply acknowledge racism as a nearly universal (and irrational ) part of the human experience ...

you know my thoughts better then i do tongue.png

i thought this is only somethings drama-tv-educated thais do wink.png well guess that was my error then.

bottom line is: it was pointed out here it may be hebrew or greek as first ... i googled some greek and decided its similar but not clearly fitting.

so i do the next best thing .. ask a friend, and the selection was plain logic

- do i know any hebrew peoples ? no

- hebrew is the language of the jew community .. do i know a jew .. YES so lets ask him.

and POOF he answered correctly proudly and loudly after taking 2 sec to translate it (incl. 1,5 sec to download the picture)

explaining that he can read and speak the language because of his religious background. (he is born in the UK btw)

so mission accomplished .. and i was simply nice enough to forward his accomplishment to this thread as he (not me) solved it.

if that was racist .. Sue me wink.png

One might want to ask an Israeli. Many of them are Arabs.

Cue the professional victims ...:rolleyes:

nothing in his post can be construne as bring racist....but a professional victim can turn anything into racism and opression....give it a rest

You forgot to accuse him of being anti-zionist BTW