Kodi Stubtles for for Non English Parts

PomPui

Yes, you can configure Kodi settings to download subtitles from you preferred provider (we use Podnapsi but there are many) and it will download for the movie of your choice in language of choice. I have only got subtitles for whole movie not parts of movie as you ask. Would need a specific source of subtitle file for that I guess?

Yes, you can configure Kodi settings to download subtitles from you preferred provider (we use Podnapsi but there are many) and it will download for the movie of your choice in language of choice. I have only got subtitles for whole movie not parts of movie as you ask. Would need a specific source of subtitle file for that I guess?

I have configured kodi settings to download subtitles but when the movie plays it just shows rectangular boxes?? How do you get it to show Thai script?

TIA

I have configured kodi settings to download subtitles but when the movie plays it just shows rectangular boxes?? How do you get it to show Thai script?

TIA

Are you running kodi on a windows machine? If so, its something to do with needing to install a font

"Not sure about Thai, but I would imagine it is the same, for subtitles you need to add the arialuni font to C:\Program Files\XBMC\media\Fonts and then change the charset in settings--videos--subtitles to Thai and you should be good to go for subtitles. Hope this helps, sorry I can help for the system font as I use English."

quoted from a kodi forum http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=39588

My question for u is which subtitle source has Thai subs??

Cheers

TIA

Are you running kodi on a windows machine? If so, its something to do with needing to install a font

"Not sure about Thai, but I would imagine it is the same, for subtitles you need to add the arialuni font to C:\Program Files\XBMC\media\Fonts and then change the charset in settings--videos--subtitles to Thai and you should be good to go for subtitles. Hope this helps, sorry I can help for the system font as I use English."

quoted from a kodi forum http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=39588

My question for u is which subtitle source has Thai subs??

Cheers

I am using android box and subtitles from opensubtitles.org, subscene.com and i have tried podnapisi.net. All show as blocks not script.

I have been through all the kodi forums and still cant find how to show the script.

• 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 2:33 PM, williewolf said:

I am using android box and subtitles from opensubtitles.org, subscene.com and i have tried podnapisi.net. All show as blocks not script.

I have been through all the kodi forums and still cant find how to show the script.

For displaying Thai characters correctly first copy following True Type Font ( TTF) from Windows Font directory  C:\Windows\Fonts\ARIALUNI.TTF

to Kodi directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\media\Fonts\ARIALUNI.TTF and then select in Kodi SYSTEM -> Settings -> Video -> Subtitles -> Font to use for subtitles -> ARIALUNI.TFF. This works for Kodi for Windows as well as Kodi for Android as well as XBMC on for example a Neo X7. Be aware that after installing a new Kodi version this procedure needs to be repeated in order to change the blocks again to script.